Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FWA on our limited doesn't appear to work as described. I live in a heavy traffic metro area where you regularly have cars cut into your lane & slow/stop or cars up ahead that brake rapidly and there's been a couple of times where I would have expected the FWA to alert but nothing happened so I started doing some testing by rapidly approaching cars ahead that were stopped or stopping and seeing if the system did anything but nothing. If I'm using the Smart Cruise Control then all works well and the car slows/stops as needed but without the SCC the FCA system doesn't seem to work. Only time it has gone on was when a car up ahead was turning right so it seems to see the corners of the palisade but not directly in front. I have verified all the settings and have tested under parameters described in the manual (5mph - 40mph) with nothing covering the radar sensor (no front license plate over, no mud/snow, etc...). I've come across posts from other palisade owners complaining about the same issue so I have a feeling there's something wrong with the software or sensitivity but since there's no error displayed on the dash dealers have no way of testing the system for proper functionality. If you have any experience be it positive or negative with the FCA system in your palisade please share it here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine quit several months ago. Took to dealer and they said there was no code. Amazingly it worked after that. I did notice when it was malfunctioning that when I pulled up to an object if I put the car in reverse and then park and back to drive it would work. Now it has quit again and I also notice if I do my "fix" and drive around town it continues to work, but once I drive highway speeds it quits again

·
Registered
869 Posts
I smell a lawsuit coming when someone rear-ends another vehicle.....
It's an assist... You're supposed to control your vehicle and not run into things already, not rely on the system to keep you from doing so. The paperwork on it even says it's there to help prevent or lessen a crash.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's an assist... You're supposed to control your vehicle and not run into things already, not rely on the system to keep you from doing so. The paperwork on it even says it's there to help prevent or lessen a crash.
I know. I'm a lawyer, I was making a joke :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unfortunately, you wouldn't have been the first person here to ask that question seriously
And I'm sure I won't be the last. I couldn't even imagine what it would take to prove that the collision was the fault of the FWA not working. Even if you could prove it, I believe a jury would still put almost all fault on the driver because like you said, this is an assist. Now, if there were numerous fatalities and nowhere enough insurance, then I could see trying to bring Hyundai into the suit for faulty FWA, but that would be tough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts