Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really on the fence on buying a 23 calligraphy. I really want to get one, but the issues are giving me pause.

For those of you with these issues, how bad are they and would you still buy the vehicle if you could do it over again?

· Registered
729 Posts
my 2020 has wind noise, and I did my best to quell it with at-home fixes. I would still buy it. No regrets.

As far as hazy rear windows, you could go view your potential purchase to see if it has hazy windows. Ask others with the issue what time of the day is the best to expose this issue.

There is still no other car on the market in this segment that offers more bang for the buck.

· Registered
28 Posts
Hazy windows are aesthetic and have no effect on function and performance, wind noise is annoying but foe me the other feature make it worth it. I looked at other Suvs and for performance, this was hard to beat. My big complaint is Apple Car play cuts off intermittently. I love the acceleration on the Calligraphy, so Yes I would buy it.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have not experienced any wind noise in the 10 weeks I have owned mine. I do have the hazy rear windows and have wondered on several occasions whether or not I would have ever noticed it had I not read about it here. I don’t envision myself looking through them much at all, I’ll never sit back there and only rarely have passengers so it’s not that big deal for me.

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm really on the fence on buying a 23 calligraphy. I really want to get one, but the issues are giving me pause.

For those of you with these issues, how bad are they and would you still buy the vehicle if you could do it over again?
I have a 2023 Limited and would not hesitate to buy another. I have no wind noise, lately on an 800 mile interstate highway trip at 80-85 mph( 25-26 mpg!). Second row windows are hazy when the sun hits them just right but doesn’t seem to affect the view out of them, more of an aesthetic thing. I have had a lot of Hyundais, last was a 2017 Santa Fe limited, which I hated to trade in, but this by far my favorite!

· Registered
289 Posts
The wind noise is negligible for us when listening to music. If the radio is off and we're not talking, you can hear it. It's worse on a windy day. That said, not a deal breaker at all.

The hazy windows are only noticeable to me in the rear passenger windows on a bright day. It reminds me of the Llumar CTX (ceramic) tint I used to have in my 2014 mustang. It doesn't bother me that much but is a little annoying.

As others have said, for the price/value it's hard to beat. Works well for us as a family hauler. If it weren't for this weird time we live in where new cars can actually be cheaper than new, we would've looked for something with a couple years on it and more miles. But when we bought, the 2023 Calligraphy was cheaper than anything else we were interested in when you factored in years/mileage. The 3 years maintenance doesn't cover much, but was an added bonus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts