Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you live near Chicago and are in the market for a hood deflector for your Hyundai Palisade, let me know.
I have one that is new and never installed. This is Hyundai Factory Approved.
Not the aftermarket ones like those sold on ebay.
This deflector is not even available in the US.
Price: $275 FIRM
Local Pick Up Only. I will not ship.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
688 Posts
Does anyone have a better photo of this item....preferably on the own car?
I will soon. I ordered one from the Canadian dealership and for $144.53 USD, it will arrive on 12/24. Shortly afterwards I'll install it. That $166.95 I previously mentioned? I got that from their website so that must be Canadian dollars.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
I will soon. I ordered one from the Canadian dealership and for $144.53 USD, it will arrive on 12/24. Shortly afterwards I'll install it. That $166.95 I previously mentioned? I got that from their website so that must be Canadian dollars.
Popeye be sure and let us know how it is.
Are we sure this fits the Palisade?
I've been looking for one also

·
Registered
688 Posts
Popeye be sure and let us know how it is.
Are we sure this fits the Palisade?
I've been looking for one also
Received it today. At the top of the installation instructions it specifies that it is for the 2020 Palisade. Installation difficulty level is rated at B, for dealer technician. I looked them over and I would bet that is because thorough surface prep will be key to this working. There are 3 mounting pedestals that are adhered to the exterior surface of the hood, then there are 4 smaller clips that clamp to the hood edge and hold it in place and 4 rubber bumpers that are adhered to the exterior surface of the hood. There are temperature requirements to be met to allow the double sided tape to properly adhere, and I don't own a garage so I'll have to see if I can borrow one next week. I'm near Chicago and our daytime highs are below the recommended temps. I also laid the protector on the hood and it certainly seems to look like it will fit with no problems. I do see it is low profile with no upsweep on the trailing edge to "deflect" anything from the windshield. I attached the instructions so you can look them over.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Popeye
Thank you for the update, looks more like a front of hood protector than a deflector.
Think I'll just stay with the cheaper and easier to DIY install 18" wide 3m self healing film.
Let us know if in fact it does work as a deflector

·
Registered
688 Posts
I still would like to see some photos, once you get it installed.
Here are a couple photos. The pedestals that are double sided taped to the hood which keep the protector elevated and then there is a metal clip that goes under the hood that keeps it in place.

The clear bumpons that keep the protector from hitting the hood on the corners.

The front view of it installed.

And a side view.

·
Registered
688 Posts
There is a plastic pin that goes through the protector into the pedestals and other mounts and a screw from under to hold the pin in place. Seems pretty secure. Have yet to drive it to see if it wobbles at highway speed. I'll check that out on the way home in the morning.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well... it's still stable and solidly in place. I'm not having a lot of bug inpacts on my windshield, but is that from the deflector or it's early for bugs? If for no other reason, I like the look of it. I understand there is an actual bug deflector but I read it's more than twice what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well... it's still stable and solidly in place. I'm not having a lot of bug inpacts on my windshield, but is that from the deflector or it's early for bugs? If for no other reason, I like the look of it. I understand there is an actual bug deflector but I read it's more than twice what I paid for mine.
Popeye, Thank you for all your posts in this regard. You gave a lot of information, and it looks nice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
While that is nice, it can be ordered from Canada and shipped to Northern Illinois for $166.95 delivered.

Deflector
Hello
Where did you get your bug deflector from?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts