Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2020 Palisade and after road force balance and straight track done on the tires I still feel a vibration/flapping and/or shuddering feeling in the dead foot rest pedal which is next to the brake pedal. Anyone else experiencing this feeling or have had it fixed?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same thing. Brought it to Hyundai's attention and they had one of their investigator contact me back. Told me that they documented it and ask me to make an appointment with my local dealer to have it checked. My appointment is on Jan 20th. Will update after.

The vibration is not harsh but its annoying. Make it seem like I'm always driving on a bad road. I drive a 2013 Rav4 and it does not vibrate when I drive the same road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same thing. Brought it to Hyundai's attention and they had one of their investigator contact me back. Told me that they documented it and ask me to make an appointment with my local dealer to have it checked. My appointment is on Jan 20th. Will update after.

The vibration is not harsh but its annoying. Make it seem like I'm always driving on a bad road. I drive a 2013 Rav4 and it does not vibrate when I drive the same road.
Any update?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Took it to dealership yesterday and they said its normal driving feel. He's saying it's the road and the "big" tires. I said no, it's too rough of a ride. I mean the pedal dont really "vibrated bit o can feel the road the the ride is rough. I tried turning off lane departure assist and side collision and I think it helped a bit. I am going to complain to Hyundai directly and have them set me up with another dealership inspection. I should not be feeling the road in this vehicle.

Try turning off the lane departure and blind spot assist and see if its better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has gotten better with a few more miles on the car but I did notice other owners are getting their drive coupler replaced. I’m awaiting for their feedback.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have an update? Mine has the same problem and I’ve been to the dealer several times already with no fix.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Did you check the tire pressure. Mine felt funny when I drove it the first time. Dealer adjusted the tire pressure to 35 lbs corrected most feeling of road. Seems Hyundai puts 42-45 lbs of air in tires for transit to keep tires from flat spotting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes,
Did you check the tire pressure. Mine felt funny when I drove it the first time. Dealer adjusted the tire pressure to 35 lbs corrected most feeling of road. Seems Hyundai puts 42-45 lbs of air in tires for transit to keep tires from flat spotting
I did check the tire pressure and also had road force done on all tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The knocking sound under the floor board and under the car has been identified as I went under the car to inspect with the mechanic as they were unable to replicate the problem. It’s the exhaust pipe hanger (it’s a rubber piece) which holds the exhaust pipe right under the floor board in front which was flimsy creating popping and clicking sound. They replaced it with a bigger hanger (rubber piece) the same one which is holding it in the back. No more annoying noise or vibration.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2020 Palisade and after road force balance and straight track done on the tires I still feel a vibration/flapping and/or shuddering feeling in the dead foot rest pedal which is next to the brake pedal. Anyone else experiencing this feeling or have had it fixed?
Is had the same problem on my with vibration that it can be felt from the back tires. I showed them a TSB that I found on this forum from another person. Waiting on the parts for them to replaced it. My case it’s still open. Hopefully the issue will be resolved

1 - 13 of 13 Posts