Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 3D Maxpider floor mats and love them. However the car wash staff ripped the mat right off one of the clipa on the driver's side mat. They tried to remove the grommet but ended up breaking it. They finally gave me money to replace the mat but it doesn't do me any good if the old grommet is there. Anyone have any advice? I generally hate this clip but I want. To secure my mat.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Grey

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
790 Posts
In the picture you have to lift the grommet from the 11:00 position.
Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Font Jewellery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the picture you have to lift the grommet from the 11:00 position.
View attachment 7333
I wasn't able to do that, in part because it's a 2 part thing and the top part is mostly broken off and I can't get a good hold on it to turn it. The bottom turns like crazy. I've attached a marked up photo that is zoomed in more. I just need the broken top piece and intact bottom piece off of the clip. Thank you for your help!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Asphalt Font

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
444 Posts
You need to peel back the front (where your Top is). and slide the whole thing towards the back. It's possible that the bottom part needs to be rotated to align its slot with the top piece. Practice with one of the other matts to see how the while process works. The front (of the matt) has to be lifted quite a bit for the whole thing to slide back and lift off. Daft design.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to peel back the front (where your Top is). and slide the whole thing towards the back. It's possible that the bottom part needs to be rotated to align its slot with the top piece. Practice with one of the other matts to see how the while process works. The front (of the matt) has to be lifted quite a bit for the whole thing to slide back and lift off. Daft design.
Good Luck.
Unfortunately the mat was ripped off the grommets. The grommet is a 2 part thing. The bottom is intact but the top piece has the outer portion broken off. At this point I'm tempted to just find a way to remove the clip in the carpet and put a new one in.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
444 Posts
Unfortunately the mat was ripped off the grommets. The grommet is a 2 part thing. The bottom is intact but the top piece has the outer portion broken off. At this point I'm tempted to just find a way to remove the clip in the carpet and put a new one in.

Thanks for the advice!
Tin snips to remove the broken parts and be done with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts