Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are considering a move from Colorado to Florida, when we purchased the Black Limited we were only joking about the move, now we are seriously considering the move and I am worried how the all black limited will handle the Florida weather, Colorado is only really hot for a month out of the year and the Black actually helps for the cold months, but in Florida there is no cold. Any Florida owners with all black??? We are lucky with the cooled seats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Moonlight Cloud Limited with black interior and live in San Diego. I'm not sure how it will be in Florida, but on the "hot" days here (80 degrees) I use the BlueLink app to start the car 5 minutes or so before I'm ready to get in it. With the temp set on LO and the fan blowing on high, it's comfortable by the time I get in. I wish the cooled seats could be turned on remotely but even they cool down quickly once they are turned on.
Hope that helped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m in Southwest Florida and I have the burgundy colored Palisade. It isn’t bad as far as heat goes, my previous car was a black SUV. Just tint the widows and you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I are considering a move from Colorado to Florida, when we purchased the Black Limited we were only joking about the move, now we are seriously considering the move and I am worried how the all black limited will handle the Florida weather, Colorado is only really hot for a month out of the year and the Black actually helps for the cold months, but in Florida there is no cold. Any Florida owners with all black??? We are lucky with the cooled seats.
I live in central Florida on the coast and dark colors are definitely not a preferred, in my view. Your experience will depend somewhat on where you are in FL. I believe the vehicle has good insulation so black will likely not be a killer deficiency; just not preferred.

·
Registered
243 Posts
As mentioned by Jmt13319 you should have the window tinted with premium product. A reputable dealer will demonstrate the heat reduction features of different tint films. It is not the darkness of the tint but the material that it is composed of that reduces the heat transfer through your window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts