Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
11 Posts
Looks good but have you tried a ceramic or even a graphene coating for a deeper and longer lasting shine? Costs a little more but instead of lasting 1-2 months like a good quality wax it will last years if applied properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good! As for Mr. P's comments.... agree! I know he's talking about an actual professional quality coating. I've looked into them myself and I feel like there is a slight learning curve to applying the coating and there is a risk of "messing it up" and having the coating being applied unevenly. I personally am not up to that task and not willing to risk goofing it up. I looked for a product to extend the life of the wax, deeper colors, and better water beading I came across Turtle Wax Seal and Shine to use on top of my wax job. It was SUPER easy to apply, I can do the entire Pali in 20 minutes, and a bottle costs less than 10 bucks. Find it here on Amazon. A little goes a long way but I have used this product on multiple vehicles for about a year and am really happy with it!

Reactions: Clintro

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
25 Posts
Looks good! As for Mr. P's comments.... agree! I know he's talking about an actual professional quality coating. I've looked into them myself and I feel like there is a slight learning curve to applying the coating and there is a risk of "messing it up" and having the coating being applied unevenly. I personally am not up to that task and not willing to risk goofing it up. I looked for a product to extend the life of the wax, deeper colors, and better water beading I came across Turtle Wax Seal and Shine to use on top of my wax job. It was SUPER easy to apply, I can do the entire Pali in 20 minutes, and a bottle costs less than 10 bucks. Find it here on Amazon. A little goes a long way but I have used this product on multiple vehicles for about a year and am really happy with it!
Apparently the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic is getting RAVE reviews from detailers. For a quick wash and wax, I use Meguiars "spray on wet" wax.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Apparently the Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic is getting RAVE reviews from detailers. For a quick wash and wax,
I definitely agree. I put this on my Palisade and my Silverado before winter last fall, and the water still beads! Bug removal is very easy. Extremely easy and quick to apply. Although I did keep the vehicle in the garage to to apply the send coat the day after as recommended, I will never go back to waxes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I got mine, I wanted to do a Car-Pro UK full ceramic treatment like i did on my Santa FE XL that I traded for it plus a coating of Turtle Wax Pro Flex Graphine. Being March and it's unfavorable weather and a small spot of snow rash, I decided to put a "temporary" coating of Megular's Hybred Ceramic Gel. Been 3 months now and still water and dirt just slide off after it's nearly daily washings due to tree pollen. I'll compound and polish the Megular's off do the full out ceramic trip when the shade trees decide to cooperate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts