Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my family took our first Road Trip into the Front Range Mountains of Colorado. Our first 100+ mile day trip. Today, was all about just spending some time behind the wheel and getting up into the mountains.

First thoughts, we left with 190 on the odometer and came back with 306 and $50 lighter for the first tank of gas from the dealer.

We took Hwy 66 to Hwy 36 then off to Boulder. The highway driving is so smooth the cab is so quiet. We enjoyed some Dave Matthews Band concert streaming from last night at Fidlers Green, Sirius/xm is really nice for the Mountains.

Took Canyon Rd from Boulder to Nederland. The drive was great, thought the V6 might be challenged heading uphill, nope, it was just fine. Stopped in Nederland for the obligatory carousel ride.

Off to Hwy 72 off of 119. Towards the mountain cafe near Golden Gate Canyon State Park called Wondervu. We have enjoyed this spot twice this year, by now though the lane keeping assist has been turned off, I am not sure you can keep that thing on during this type of driving. The wife enjoyed how flat the ride was, she didn't even get mad when I did a little spirited driving. She doesn't like when I get spirited in the 2010 Outback. Then it was literally down hill from there.

Tried to get used the paddle shifter, but got annoyed when it wouldn't go back into normal drive mode without hitting the D button. Overall though the paddle shifting was extremely responsive.

Back home past the Buffalo and we are relaxing now. Have a great night everyone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chris, That's a nice shot of the car right there, you should sell the pic to Hyundai :)

Obviously your son is having fun...enjoy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love Colorado - sounds like a great trip. FWIW, holding the + paddle engaged for about two or three seconds will restore Drive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The greatest pleasure of Palisade ownership is when you are behind the wheel. Sounds like you enjoyed the experience as well. "Spirited" driving, my wife calls it something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts