Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any reviews yet of the audio system within the limited/ultimate model?
Hopefully it will out perform the Bose system I had in my pathfinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My impression: Really mediocre performance in the mid-range, over-reactive bass and extremely sharp treble in default mode. There is an option to enhance the bass, but that's all you get for enhanced sound modification beyond basic bass, treble and center point. The bass can get really, really overbearing, but I'm sure that'll turn some people on. I was very surprised to learn that there is no graphic equalizer in the audio system - so no way to tune those mids up, and dial the harsh points of the treble down. Don't get me wrong, it's far from terrible - I just came out of a 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 with Bowers-Wilkins audio, and that has been about the best in-car audio I've heard to date.

It's important to note that the audio file support for the Palisade is fantastic, even compared to the Volvo. It even supports WMA Pro. So far, I haven't found a problem with Tags or FLAC support, in any form or format. The Volvo was extremely picky about FLAC version, tag format and filename length. So far the Palisade eats everything I've thrown at it. I do wish it scrolled the filename while playing. The GUI could use some work, too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just have to say, that I am the biggest B&W fanboy and have dreamt of having that Volvo with that system, may even sell some cars to get it (the wife has the Palisade) that being said, I haven't formulated an opinion on the Palisade system yet( only 160 miles basically test driving) but up front it seems to have some chops, but barely getting through the system options I didn't see a lot of customizing there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts