Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced excessive cranking when attempting to start from a cold start? Has happened 2 times so far. It is as if the starter is not engaging. I have a Limited Awd.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Maybe a sticky relay or camshaft or crankshaft sensor or loose connector etc and yes it never does it when you want it to and it is possible it could leave a code for the dealer read.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has happened twice in my first month of ownership. Unable to replicate. First time was maybe 3 secs cranking before full start, cold starting in the morning to head to work. Second time was about 5-6 seconds cranking, leaving the office around 6pm so not really a cold cold start. I live in Miami and the temps during the night are at high 60s and day temps at 80s. If it happens one more time I’ll take it in to check for any codes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has happened twice in my first month of ownership. Unable to replicate. First time was maybe 3 secs cranking before full start, cold starting in the morning to head to work. Second time was about 5-6 seconds cranking, leaving the office around 6pm so not really a cold cold start. I live in Miami and the temps during the night are at high 60s and day temps at 80s. If it happens one more time I’ll take it in to check for any codes.
My experience also during the first month. 2 times while inside starting. And once on a cold start from remote starting while approaching. So far I have not had an issue. ??

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had this happen 3 times, when I first bought my Limited AWD. I hadn’t had it happen for almost a month, so I thought maybe it was a new car thing. Lo and behold, yesterday it cranked endlessly, and never fired. I had my foot on the brake the entire time, and my feet were nowhere near the gas pedal. I ended up pushing the ignition button again to stop it. When I pushed the button a third time, it fired right up. Thinking maybe I should take it to the dealership, but I’m not sure if this would show up in the code history. I don’t feel like I could reproduce this on demand. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having the same issue. Engine cranks for 3-5 seconds before starting. Has happened 3 times in my first month of ownership. Each time, the outside temp was below 30. Wondering if anyone has tried bringing their vehicle into dealer?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I might have noticed in the last 2.5 months a couple times when car seemed to crank for an extra second or so.
Separately, I do notice more frequently on cold days when the engine first starts up it idles higher for a little while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine
Has anyone experienced excessive cranking when attempting to start from a cold start? Has happened 2 times so far. It is as if the starter is not engaging. I have a Limited Awd.
Mine is doing the same thing, I have 1700 miles on it. I have a Sel with drivers guidance AWD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep- it’s probably once a week or every other week we’ll run into this with our SEL AWD with about 3800 miles. Getting a little concerned due to the frequency. The car is garage kept and seems to be fine in the garage but not so good if parked in colder weather (30-50 degrees F). Not sure if this is common for this power plant...

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have had this too. And now two times it has fired up but barely runs, sputters and feels like it is running on half the cylinders. Giving the a bit of gas fixes it.
No codes yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem. Excessive crank for about 8 seconds on a cold start .

Has anyone brought their palisade in to check it out? If you did, please share what the dealer found .

I want this fixed. I wired a battery, alternator and crank tester to the battery and they check out fine so it’s not a electrical issue with either of those three things. It feels normal for the cylinders when started so it cannot be a engine issue either.

Maybe fuel related or camshaft or crankshaft but I have no error codes . But it’s not all the time to trigger a engine light

·
Super Moderator
1,100 Posts
I have the same problem. Excessive crank for about 8 seconds on a cold start .

Has anyone brought their palisade in to check it out? If you did, please share what the dealer found .

I want this fixed. I wired a battery, alternator and crank tester to the battery and they check out fine so it’s not a electrical issue with either of those three things. It feels normal for the cylinders when started so it cannot be a engine issue either.

Maybe fuel related or camshaft or crankshaft but I have no error codes . But it’s not all the time to trigger a engine light
Please let us know what dealership found out after service.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts