Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
After the avatar is uploaded is there anything you must do in the vehicle setup?
Go into the profile image and select image from Bluelink. It will update from the server and your avatar will appear for that profile. If you use another profile also, you need to do the same for that profile.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Once I loaded my avatar on the website, I was able to go to the car, and in the Users setting, choose BlueLink for my avatar and it showed my uploaded picture.

·
Registered
205 Posts
How long does the update take when selecting "general update"?

It looked to have updated to the new UI, but then initiated another update... Updating Map... 1/5

Did it engage in the update process again or is this all part of the process?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just part of the process, there are 5 steps. Don't stop it till it has finished
Yes, it finally finished and is working great. Blue link profiles and all.

Now for those that might be having trouble, just an FYI, but it seems it's got 2 stages of going through the 5 step process. Initially in the old system, it goes through and takes a LONG time... Then restarts, does it's thing, and "updates" again, going through the multistep process with the new UI.

It was finally done when it promoted "complete", but if you select "general", it will take (at least on mine) about 3 to 4 hours.

Wonder what's the difference had I selected "quick" and if any thing is different/changes on what or how it's installed?

·
Super Moderator
1,389 Posts
Quick update took mine about 25 minutes.
If you had the 14 or 14.5 update you only needed to use
the quick update

·
Registered
205 Posts
Quick update took mine about 25 minutes.
If you had the 14 or 14.5 update you only needed to use
the quick update
Why did it allow and give the option for general then?

And it seems to have given me no issues, where others report issues? Could that be the difference between quick and general?

Interesting the instructions per hyundai don't state which to select, or at least, I couldn't find them.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
186 Posts

And it seems to have given me no issues, where others report issues? Could that be the difference between quick and general?

Interesting the instructions per hyundai don't state which to select, or at least, I couldn't find them.
Assuming you just installed it this month, it is because Hyundai finally fixed their backend to allow 2020 Palisades, solving the BlueLink profile sync issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bit random, but thank you to all for being so nice, positive, and helpful here. Had a look at the other Palisade forum for the first time in a while and all they do is argue it seems.
Hey,

do you think its got something of a similar sort in Canada...i saw the flag next to your name...so i thought maybe you had some insight on this for Canadian market.

thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey,

do you think its got something of a similar sort in Canada...i saw the flag next to your name...so i thought maybe you had some insight on this for Canadian market.

thanks
I'm not certain what your question is and I don't actually have my vehicle yet, it's only on order still, but let me know the question I missed and I'll help if I can. Or there's others here from Canada that are helpful and can chime in.

·
Super Moderator
1,389 Posts

If you look at
Hyundai_V14.10_Map_Update_Instructions_U5W.pdf (storage.googleapis.com)
You will see that both quick and general updates give you the same thing as an outcome
difference is quick mode you can't use the system at all when it is updating.
General update you can still use the navigation for the first part of the update.
Most problems that come up are because people stopped the update or turned the car off
before the complete notice came up. It will appear to stop several times. do not stop
till the complete notice.
Can take up to 3 hours for the general update and 25-30 minutes for the Quick update.
They do appear to have updated something to make the driver profiles to link.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you look at
Hyundai_V14.10_Map_Update_Instructions_U5W.pdf (storage.googleapis.com)
You will see that both quick and general updates give you the same thing as an outcome
difference is quick mode you can't use the system at all when it is updating.
General update you can still use the navigation for the first part of the update.
Most problems that come up are because people stopped the update or turned the car off
before the complete notice came up. It will appear to stop several times. do not stop
till the complete notice.
Can take up to 3 hours for the general update and 25-30 minutes for the Quick update.
They do appear to have updated something to make the driver profiles to link.
Thank you! I couldn't find that information and it makes sense.

Next time I'll do quick as 3 hours is way long for a simple update.

For some reason I imagined it as formatting a drive, where there's the quick format or the regular format, with regular being more thorough. But in this case, not. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So now that it seems everything has worked itself out with the update. Do you recommend it? Oddly our Palisade build date was the first of January so its pretty new, but it still has the old interface.

·
Registered
2020 Steel-Graphite Limited
24 Posts
Once I loaded my avatar on the website, I was able to go to the car, and in the Users setting, choose BlueLink for my avatar and it showed my uploaded picture.
I did the most recent update a few months ago and I just updated my profile avatar on mobile bluelink app but when I try to change in car under user profile, I get the message "no profile photo on phone app" is there another update I need to download and install in order for the Avatar from bluelink to upload to car? Any suggestions much appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did the most recent update a few months ago and I just updated my profile avatar on mobile bluelink app but when I try to change in car under user profile, I get the message "no profile photo on phone app" is there another update I need to download and install in order for the Avatar from bluelink to upload to car? Any suggestions much appreciated.
Try this update.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So now that it seems everything has worked itself out with the update. Do you recommend it? Oddly our Palisade build date was the first of January so its pretty new, but it still has the old interface.
It takes some getting used to, but I think I like it. It's a bit cleaner, while trying to be flashy too. I'll admit radio looks cheesy.

361 - 380 of 383 Posts