Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just updated a few days ago. Overall went well (1 1/2 hrs to install) and I like the new features. One question - I have the display currently on split screen with map and radio displayed. Every time I restart car the display returns to home screen for update and I need to press radio to get back to split screen. How do I set it to return to split screen on restart.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
I’m not giving up 3 screens. Waiting for v.15.0
Doesn't look like the new system will support 3 screens, so I wouldn't
expect it to return in 15.
I really wanted the 3 screens also, But after using the split screen (2) for a bit
I'll be able to live with it. Most things are still there just takes some getting
used to finding them.
A few things I like better, guess there are always trade offs here as well as in life.
Check the new guide you might be able to handle an update. Menu on left
side disappearing when using nav is nice. Just touch screen and it shows back up

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
63 Posts
How do you find out what version you have?
Setup > General > SW Info. Check your map version.

13.5 (oldest) NAM.12.47.xx
14.0 (Apr 2020) NAM.13.41.xx
14.5 (Aug 2020) NAM.13.47.44.xx
14.10 (Nov 2020) NAM.13.47.50.xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I decided to update and I'm liking it (YMMV). I didn't think I would, but the fact that the map display on the home screen still has some navigation to it works for me. I feel like there is a lot of empty space in the middle that they could have extended the nav portion, but I assume they are trying to support multiple sized screens and just dont adjust the area based on the screen.

I still dont seem to be able to associate my bluelink account with my user profile so I may have to call someone. If I click on the temperature on the home screen it says additional setup required and provides a number.

In any case, I hope they continue to improve the interface and functions. With the split screen you can still get back to a dual view of the critical info. Also would be nice if they let you chose your radio display. I dont mind the tubes but my wife found it weird. Nice to select that or just a regular digital display. I also noted prior to this on local HD radio channels it did not display song and artist (did on non-HD), but that appears to be resolved now.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
248 Posts
Nothing will fix it except some code changes on BlueLink’s end or MapnSoft’s end.
That's if you're lucky enough to get someone who actually knows the system. I had the weather issue before and BlueLink support had no idea about how it works. They were telling me to call SiriusXM.

I fixed it myself by reinstalling the update but that was the prior one. Not sure if the latest one will let you reinstall itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I don't like about this update and not sure how they could missed it is you have this huge screen and while listening to SiriusXM from the home screen, it just tells you the station number and the station name. Not the artist or title. You have plenty of room for that. FM radio will display it.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
153 Posts
That's if you're lucky enough to get someone who actually knows the system. I had the weather issue before and BlueLink support had no idea about how it works. They were telling me to call SiriusXM.

I fixed it myself by reinstalling the update but that was the prior one. Not sure if the latest one will let you reinstall itself.
I believe one of your earlier posts is what started me on the path to try the reinstall.
Several attempts later, and a few hours of my time, and the cruel joke of not being able to roll back or reinstall by design was apparent.

I still want to try the reinstall!:cautious:
I still don’t believe anyone has come up with a hack to reinstall or roll back.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Whoever this guy is (and if you are a member of this forum) thank you very much!
This looks like a huge change.
Separatelt can someone confirm if the update looks the same as the vid?
YES that is how it looks ..I just finish doing the update and just as reported all you preset stations and anything that was saved on your set up will be lost.. Not sure if I like the new look and the 2 tear display ..mmm will keep trying.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
YES that is how it looks ..I just finish doing the update and just as reported all you preset stations and anything that was saved on your set up will be lost.. Not sure if I like the new look and the 2 tear display ..mmm will keep trying.
They’re not lost, they’re under the guest profile.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
You can export all those to a usb stick then import them back in to the other profiles

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
248 Posts
One thing I noticed today is on the main home screen post update, it doesn't show the phone connection / signal status in the upper right corner anymore.

It appears in other sections though (radio, map, phone)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a way to download and reapply the previous map update? I am wanting to apply the Full update over the Quick update I did previously, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

To be clear, I did not apply this update, I am still on the previous one from May.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Is there a way to download and reapply the previous map update? I am wanting to apply the Full update over the Quick update I did previously, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

To be clear, I did not apply this update, I am still on the previous one from May.
The previous update was August. May was 2 updates ago. I don’t believe there is a way to download it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The previous update was August. May was 2 updates ago. I don’t believe there is a way to download it again.
Thank you. I was able to dig through my USB keys and find the one I used in May to upgrade my system. I was apply to re-update to the same version to fix an issue I was seeing.

After reading through all of this thread, I think I will wait to upgrade to newer firmware. I really can't stand the look of the radio tubes on the Sirius panel. It would be great to have a choice on such things and let you choose a theme.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe one of your earlier posts is what started me on the path to try the reinstall.
Several attempts later, and a few hours of my time, and the cruel joke of not being able to roll back or reinstall by design was apparent.

I still want to try the reinstall!:cautious:
I still don’t believe anyone has come up with a hack to reinstall or roll back.
Any updates? I'm assuming that you are still unable to link, view weather, etc. Have you heard anything back from MapNSoft about not being able to retry/reapply the upgrade?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm trying to update my 2021 Pali Limited and having trouble. The car recognizes the update and prompts me to update the car. I get through the first couple of steps, but after the screen restarts, I get a "update unsuccessful" message. I've tried a couple of times and keep getting that error. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
153 Posts
Any updates? I'm assuming that you are still unable to link, view weather, etc. Have you heard anything back from MapNSoft about not being able to retry/reapply the upgrade?
No updates. MapnSoft funneled me to BlueLink. Ticket still out on BlueLink. I received one call from BL. Still waiting.

The POIs going to guest profile is the only “issue” now or I guess it could be called profile syncing issue.

Weather started working. Noticed it working on a trip from DC to NYC early last week, but I am not sure if it was a northern Virginia thing with the BlueLink cell service getting blocked all the time due to NSA, CIA and Stingray devices tracking me LOL, or if they changed something on the BlueLink side. I am leaning towards a change on the BlueLink side as I look at my tin foil hat on the coat rack. I haven’t checked to see if it is still working since I got back from NYC metro area.

261 - 280 of 292 Posts