Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wasn't able to link my driver profile to BlueLink.
I have blue sun too on weather sidebar option window so I think it's just sticking with the blue theme?? Kinda strange but didn't even catch that till you mentioned it?
My working hypothesis is that those old posts have everything to do with the current topic.

And if I have to explain the joke of Covid14.1 it was not a good joke I guess.

The old posts are showing the lack of correlation between 2020 and 2021 with pencil edit in the “manage drivers” profiles section of the bluelink webpage.

If you don’t have those edit buttons in that section, then issues will exist with sending POIs to the proper driver 1, 2, and Guest; additionally, weather will not work, and the updated profile pictures will not feed to the Palisade head unit with the 14.1 update...sort of like a bug or virus....I named the bug Covid14.1 because that is the version of software where the issues show up.....kind of following WHO naming conventions minus the year :)

Conversely, the hypothesis goes that if you have the pencil and edit buttons in your “Manage Drivers” section, then the update has worked swimmingly and life is good!

If I am wrong then someone tell me that they don’t have that section and the pictures are updating or vice versa and we will acknowledge it and move on with trying to get this 1st world mess corrected and move on to the next hypothesis.
Those old posts shown above your reply to my post. Sorry but I don't see the connection to updating/changing the Driver's picture. And I certainly didn't catch your "joke".

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
4 Posts
I believe the Primary and Secondary driver has been on the BlueLink site for several updates.

Did you try the physical reboot button just below the screen to the far right?

Hopefully that will clear it up.
Yes, unfortunately I've tried everything I can think of to reset it back to the previous version. Physical button, resetting it in the General settings and even disconnecting the battery overnight. Calling BlueLink and MnSoft proved to be a waste of time due to their lack of knowledge on this update.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Funny thing about the update, since it is not really advertised to Palisade owners, are the people on this forum the only people that know about it? We have to be less than 1% of all Palisade owners. I wonder if your dealership updates you when you come in for service?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
4 Posts
Funny thing about the update, since it is not really advertised to Palisade owners, are the people on this forum the only people that know about it? We have to be less than 1% of all Palisade owners. I wonder if your dealership updates you when you come in for service?
Well, went ahead and set up an appointment for service at the dealership tomorrow. Hopefully they will be able to provide some info about whats going on. Fingers crossed🤞

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
248 Posts
I believe the Primary and Secondary driver has been on the BlueLink site for several updates.

Did you try the physical reboot button just below the screen to the far right?

Hopefully that will clear it up.
Yes, I know how to get to the section to show the drivers in MyHyundai but there is no picture with the ✏ icon as someone else posted and no option to link to Driver 1 / Driver 2

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
153 Posts
Yes, I know how to get to the section to show the drivers in MyHyundai but there is no picture with the ✏ icon as someone else posted and no option to link to Driver 1 / Driver 2
Welcome to the Covid14.1 bug. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you are feeling lucky call BlueLink and ask them why there are two versions of the User Interface on the BlueLink website and what causes the fork in the road of the user interface!

Just call bullshit when they say it is model year related.

It may have absolutely nothing to do with the problems we are having, but if I was a betting man!

I’d call again, but I am sort of waiting for them to action my official ticket on this issue. Should have an update around Wednesday was the timeline they discussed. 3-5 biz days.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I doubt it, but maybe the reason no one is getting your joke is because this isn’t the 14.1 update... it’s actually 14.10. Could be wrong, though.
That is being very pedantic! I didn’t know we had so many IT project managers on this thread. I will retire my Covid14.1 joke!Tough crowd.

I guess it should be:
1411U5W_A for the US and
1413U5W for Canada

·
Registered
153 Posts
Speaking of the upgrade, you should add, if you can, since this seems to be the defacto source for the new upgrade on this board,
1411U5W/1413U5W to the title or ask a mod to add it. And if this thread isn’t about the aforementioned upgrade, it would explain so much to me!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
248 Posts
Truthfully I don't really have issues but I just want it to work as intended for myself and others. I hate how sloppy BlueLink department is and that they are always out of the loop with the other depts at Hyundai.

The only issue with current system is that send POI to car will only go to Guest profile. I never used that though but it's about the principal. If you're going to release a feature then make sure it works and make sure your support staff have a clue

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is being very pedantic! I didn’t know we had so many IT project managers on this thread. I will retire my Covid14.1 joke!Tough crowd.

I guess it should be:
1411U5W_A for the US and
1413U5W for Canada
Some of us got your joke! I did. 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just updated my profile this morning...here are some pics of how to get there:

View attachment 2585

View attachment 2586

View attachment 2587

View attachment 2588

View attachment 2589
Great post. I can add a profile picture in the Myhyundai app on my phone but there is no option to edit the picture per your instructions. I have an 2020, that may be the difference. It does show a Bluelink image option for Driver Profile to pick an image but I only get a message showing to link my bluelink app to the vehicle. All of the Bluelink remote actions work great including remote start thru the app. Thanks for the post, I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just found out about this update and was going to do it, but I'm not too sure i want to get rid of my 3 screen display. Eventually i'll need to if they come out with android auto full screen support, but i also can't tell enough from the videos and this thread if i'm really losing much or the same info is there. It looks like there is driving info on the home screen, but the colors look dark. Is it useful for navigation while on the home screen? Any other impressions those that updated have?

In the past ther used to be a PDF showing all the new features, count of the new POIs or road names, etc. I can't find any of that with this update. Does anyone know where to find it? I find it odd (and a little offensive) that an auto manufacturer would publish a major release update (which, BTW, a major overhaul of the UI really should be a 15.0, not a 14.10 minor release), without some release notes or notes to what has changed. And yet with this, if the info is there, you must really have to dig, because i can't find those release notes. I usually like having the latest and greatest so i probably will update at some point, but you drive the car every day and get used to the general layout - i know it probably is a space issue but they should allow you to use classic or new.

And what is the issue with full screen android auto and them making that work. I'm half tempted to buy an IPhone 12 Pro and wireless dongle already.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just found out about this update and was going to do it, but I'm not too sure i want to get rid of my 3 screen display. Eventually i'll need to if they come out with android auto full screen support, but i also can't tell enough from the videos and this thread if i'm really losing much or the same info is there. It looks like there is driving info on the home screen, but the colors look dark. Is it useful for navigation while on the home screen? Any other impressions those that updated have?

In the past ther used to be a PDF showing all the new features, count of the new POIs or road names, etc. I can't find any of that with this update. Does anyone know where to find it? I find it odd (and a little offensive) that an auto manufacturer would publish a major release update (which, BTW, a major overhaul of the UI really should be a 15.0, not a 14.10 minor release), without some release notes or notes to what has changed. And yet with this, if the info is there, you must really have to dig, because i can't find those release notes. I usually like having the latest and greatest so i probably will update at some point, but you drive the car every day and get used to the general layout - i know it probably is a space issue but they should allow you to use classic or new.

And what is the issue with full screen android auto and them making that work. I'm half tempted to buy an IPhone 12 Pro and wireless dongle already.
I believe the attached shows changes with this nav update

Attachments

241 - 260 of 292 Posts