Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How does the Engine auto start/stop behave?
Does the engine turn off when you are at stop and go traffic/stop sign. Does this feature turn on itself everytime you start your engine? or you have to manually push the off button all the time?

TIA

·
Registered
245 Posts
After being paused for a few seconds with the foot on the brake it will turn the engine off dependent upon the status of the battery to sustain current turned on features such as air conditioning. When you release the brake and step on the gas the engine fires up and away you go. This has been my limited experience with this feature thus far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe if you select the Auto Start/Stop off with the dash button it remembers your preference in between drives (ie. when you shut the car off.) I find Auto Start/Stop is very aggressive on the Palisade, stopping the engine within 2-3 seconds of coming to a stop and turning down the fan speed to the lowest level on the AC. I don't like it to be honest. The smoothness of startup and availability of power when you release the brake is on par with other vehicles I've driven with the feature so I know what it is like. On other cars they seem to wait longer to decide to shutdown the engine and don't seem to cut back the AC as much.

I'm still on the fence if I am going to leave it on, I'm trying to get used to it. Based on what I can find it saves about 9-12% in gas in stop and go city or traffic driving but frankly I have the $$$$ so maybe I should just enjoy my drive rather than frowning at the start/stop?

·
Registered
21 Posts
To be honest I do not like this feature as well. Every time the car shuts off your AC shuts off and warmer air starts flowing in.

I’ve tried pressing the button near the drive buttons but it will not remember every time. Is there another area to turn it off and will keep it off?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same feeling here, but manual seem not to have a permanent way of keeping it off.
Would be nice to not have to hit the button every time the car is started.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bummer, I didn't realize it resets to having the feature on each time the vehicle is started. Not a big deal, I'm sure the first time I notice it and I'm bothered its a single push away from a fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts