Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happened to me the other day. It was snowing and the car had the cruise with LFA engaged. So it's not the same thing as outright emergency braking, but the car went from 40 to 20 in a second or two like it got cut off by something in front of it even though there was nothing there. Not under/overpass, just regular road. I attributed it to the snow possibly blocking a sensor or radar momentarily.
It's also possible it was something blocking or confusing the camera system used by the safety system. The lane keep systems use a combination of radar and cameras to perceive vehicles/environment and lane lines.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This would be bad if snow can mess up the system. My wife was telling me she kept getting the warning signal and sound whys it was snowing and no vehicle on front of her.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's also possible it was something blocking or confusing the camera system used by the safety system. The lane keep systems use a combination of radar and cameras to perceive vehicles/environment and lane lines.
The lane keep assist system only uses the camera. It does not use the radar and it has nothing to do with the emergency braking being discussed here.

The Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist system (as it's called) is what brakes the car in case of emergency. It does use both camera and radar, so it is indeed possible that something is confusing the camera. It uses the camera for pattern recognition, such as pedestrian or vehicles.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This would be bad if snow can mess up the system. My wife was telling me she kept getting the warning signal and sound whys it was snowing and no vehicle on front of her.
Heavy snow can mess up the FCA system. It is listed in the manual as one of the weather conditions that could impact the system.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
I have the same thing in the Genesis G90 and the only time it was not working, was when the road was covered with snow so the camera couldn't see the lines

·
Registered
50 Posts
We recently had a heavy, wet snow fall here in Wisconsin, and I experienced the FCA system automatically disabling due to the front radar being covered in snow/slush. A warning popped up on the instrument cluster indicating the FCA system was not available due to the radar being blocked; additionally, an amber icon persisted at the top of the cluster. At no time did the FCA perform any emergency or unwarranted braking while in this condition. In fact, the warning tone and message repeats every few minutes as a reminder the system is not operational due to the blockage.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable outcome when the radar is not capable of measuring distance to any vehicles ahead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon! Does anyone have an issue with their Palisade suddenly braking on its own? I've had my Palisade for 3 weeks and I love it! However, on 3 separate occasions, while driving on a straight road, the emergency braking system takes over and the red indicator lights flash letting me know. You can feel the car trying to slow down. There's nothing in the road, on the side of the road or even a car ahead of me. It seems very random and startles me when it does it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am specifically on the site for that very reason, today was traveling at 70 miles an hour on the interstate heavy traffic it locks up on me honestly thought I was going to get killed. Another time during a heavy rain event the windshield wipers would not turn on and it decided to do emergency braking at the same time so for me twice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon! Does anyone have an issue with their Palisade suddenly braking on its own? I've had my Palisade for 3 weeks and I love it! However, on 3 separate occasions, while driving on a straight road, the emergency braking system takes over and the red indicator lights flash letting me know. You can feel the car trying to slow down. There's nothing in the road, on the side of the road or even a car ahead of me. It seems very random and startles me when it does it. Thanks!
Yes, this has happened to me twice now. I bought my 2021 Palisade in November. It happened when I passed a big rig on the left (big rig on my right) and caused my car to fish tail. I was going 75 mph. It was very scary. If it was icy (I live at Lake Tahoe), I would have gone into a spin and it would of been ugly! Happened again last night on the same highway. A car going very fast passed me on my right. I brought my car in last week to have them check the computers. They said nothing was wrong and they never had heard of this happening before. I am scared to drive my car now. :(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts