Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! Does anyone have an issue with their Palisade suddenly braking on its own? I've had my Palisade for 3 weeks and I love it! However, on 3 separate occasions, while driving on a straight road, the emergency braking system takes over and the red indicator lights flash letting me know. You can feel the car trying to slow down. There's nothing in the road, on the side of the road or even a car ahead of me. It seems very random and startles me when it does it. Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
definitely a malfunction probably need to have dealer check it out as it could be dangerous in some situations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric-I don't think so. The Palisade did the emergency braking again last night merging onto a highway. I've taken it to the dealer this morning. Hopefully the problem is corrected! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Do you have a FWD or AWD?
Is it happening when the road is wet or damp?
Is it when you try to accelerate ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI Gene-My Palisade is AWD and I was driving in both dry and wet conditions. Several times I was in the process of accelerating and several times it was while I was tooling along the road about 50 mph. I'm thinking maybe its a bad sensor making the car believe there is something close to the front of the car even though there isn't. I took the car to the dealer Saturday morning and so far haven't heard anything from the service department.

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
I ask those questions because if you had a fwd and roads are wet, car will sometime have it's traction control shut down car to prevent wheel spin.
That isn't the case in your Palisade. Hope the dealer sorts it out and can fix it soon.
At least they didn't just say can't duplicate

·
Registered
56 Posts
HI Gene-My Palisade is AWD and I was driving in both dry and wet conditions. Several times I was in the process of accelerating and several times it was while I was tooling along the road about 50 mph. I'm thinking maybe its a bad sensor making the car believe there is something close to the front of the car even though there isn't. I took the car to the dealer Saturday morning and so far haven't heard anything from the service department.
My AWD Limited Palisade is arriving this Friday. I’m sad to hear about this problem as this was one of the reasons we aren’t buying a Honda Pilot. We have loved our 2003 Pilot with over $200K miles on it, never has had any problems but unfortunately we don’t care for the styling of the new Pilot plus I’ve heard they have this phantom breaking issue which sounds very dangerous. I hope you will be able to get yours fixed without any problems. I’d love to hear what dealer had t say.

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
My AWD Limited Palisade is arriving this Friday. I’m sad to hear about this problem as this was one of the reasons we aren’t buying a Honda Pilot. We have loved our 2003 Pilot with over $200K miles on it, never has had any problems but unfortunately we don’t care for the styling of the new Pilot plus I’ve heard they have this phantom breaking issue which sounds very dangerous. I hope you will be able to get yours fixed without any problems. I’d love to hear what dealer had t say.
My AWD Palisade was to be here today BUT
Got told today that mine is delayed again, from today till 1/16 for leaving port.
Dealer says a friend working at the port told him they are all backed up.
Trying to do tsb and corrections there so they will get a better initial quality report
from JD Powers or some such crap.
Ordered mine Aug,1, was told I would get it in Nov. then Dec.6 then Jan 6 now Jan 16 to leave port.
So appears Hyundai is trying to correct problems before they get to us

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh no Gene! I’m sorry to hear you’re still waiting. I had put a deposit on one in November and it came into the dealer on Dec 27 but we had a family emergency and couldn’t get there within 72 hours and they sold it to someone else. Now we are being told another one is arriving Friday. I’m not going to believe it until it’s in my garage. Are there any other dealers near you? Or are you in a very remote location? It certainly seems like you’ve been given a lot of excuses.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Got told today that mine is delayed again, from today till 1/16 for leaving port.
Trying to do tsb and corrections there so they will get a better initial quality report
Ordered mine Aug,1, was told I would get it in Nov. then Dec.6 then Jan 6 now Jan 16 to leave port.
That’s exactly what I was told when waiting for mine to be delivered while they kept pushing the date back: it’s all about the JD Powers initial quality survey.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Eric-I don't think so. The Palisade did the emergency braking again last night merging onto a highway. I've taken it to the dealer this morning. Hopefully the problem is corrected! Thanks!
I think you could be having an intermittent Radar antenna problem possibly connector or defective antenna. I have had no problems with mine its spot on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, was just about to follow up with you b/c I know we ordered ours on same date. Sorry to hear that. There are definitely delays happening, with the car that I ordered having completely disappeared. Luckily, the dealer had another one coming in so I got that one. I decoded the sticker dates (arrival in port) and the car I ultimately got arrived in port two weeks before getting to the dealer so it wasn't delayed badly. I am guessing they are going through the checklist of newer issues at port and if anything fails, the car gets held back. The only silver lining is hopefully less issues once you finally take possession. Good luck, been a long wait!

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
I find Palisades for sale here in Glendale area but most are SEL, very few Limited an white/beige AWD limited just don't exist in this area. They all seem to be held up for some reason

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had this happen to me for the first time today (phantom breaking). Will most likely be visiting a dealer if it happens again. Completely clear lane on the highway with perfect weather. Car is pretty dirty. Will clean it all up and hopefully the sensors won't get confused again or off to the dealer I go. If anyone gets a response from the dealer on this please post and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those encountering the phantom braking, can you remember if you were driving under overpasses on the road or highway when these occurred? This has been a common problem in Teslas for years and it's from the driving assist computer mistaking overpasses for objects/vehicles on the roadway via the radar sensors. Much of that has been fixed/improved via software updates, but not sure how this would be handled in any other car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Happened to me the other day. It was snowing and the car had the cruise with LFA engaged. So it's not the same thing as outright emergency braking, but the car went from 40 to 20 in a second or two like it got cut off by something in front of it even though there was nothing there. Not under/overpass, just regular road. I attributed it to the snow possibly blocking a sensor or radar momentarily.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts