Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
So, I also put the key inside the rear compartment wrapped in a heavy dense moving pad that I keep inside the vehicle and achieved the same exact results.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just put the key inside of zip lock bag and sealed it closed. Then I put it under the mat as mentioned above and still got the same results. You may have a bad sensor inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
45 Posts
Not apples to apples... you need to put your key inside something.. exactly what qualifies for that something isn't clear yet.. in my case it was a glorified ziploc bag (ie. for phones at the pool/beach).. (see post #4 in the thread)

Now I'm not saying it should penetrate a lead-lined bag or anything :) but I would think this would happen with many styles of purses, etc. And/or to be equal, if it can detect my key outside the car (ie. I did not remove my key from the bag) to open the rear hatch, then it should still be able to detect the same key inside the same bag when it is inside the car.
And there is another thread describing this issue with a golf bag. I know I will fall victim to it eventually.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
Tried again and still unable to lock myself out of my limited.
Maybe if it was in a new women's purse designed so the credit
cards can't be scanned it might stay locked.
Put mine in a duffle bag and car still beeped at me and front
doors unlocked.
How many people, other than zim2dive , Have locked them
selves out?
Seems like after over 60,000 being produced, there might be
a couple of bad sensors around. Or even a batch of bad ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried to recreate...put it around metal objects, under moving blankets, and then put it in a Windex wipes bag which might be aluminum foil-ish. No lockouts

Also you can not lock all your doors with the key in the vehicle except for the physical key.

You must have a bad proximity sensor zim2drive.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tried again and still unable to lock myself out of my limited.
Maybe if it was in a new women's purse designed so the credit
cards can't be scanned it might stay locked.
Put mine in a duffle bag and car still beeped at me and front
doors unlocked.
How many people, other than zim2dive , Have locked them
selves out?
There are at least 2 of us in this thread (hint: Debbie) plus the golf bag thread.

I did a further experiment trying to think of something many people would have.. 4-layers of ziploc freezer bags were not enough, but a standard (?) Rubbermaid/tupperware sandwich size container was sufficient. Again, in the very rear on the driver side.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried it with a Rubbermaid, left and right side of the trunk area like your position, multiple times. It would not let me lock the doors.

You most likely won a bad sensor or are the brother of Saul Goodman perhaps?

Good luck with that repair...it will be a pain in the arse explaining this and trying to get them to fix it. I think they will happily do it, but not until at least 3 explanations and a demonstration.
FA7EEA1D-E3EA-4B5F-BA6A-51975DD61E1D.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanks for trying to replicate... It's so "almost working" that I can imagine this won't be fun convincing them. :( Will save that joy until my visit for first oil change.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I'm coming up empty... can we get the mechanical key duplicated easily/cheaply? ie. if only a few bucks, it would be good insurance to hide just this duplicate under the car (tons of space under there, as I saw when installing hitch). I don't need a duplicate FOB.. just a backup way of getting in to the car so I can reach the FOB it can't detect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found this on the Sonata:

Apparently they can connect up a device and see the whole flow chart of decisions the SmartKeys make and see if all the interior antennas are working properly

This gives an overview of the system and while for the Sonata, it still seems very applicable for the Palisade:

I found this note to be interesting, kind of sounds like your issue, the blind spot part.

-​
A blind spot in the trunk similar to any RF disturbance may lead to no trunk warning. Due to the penetration of the bumper antenna into the trunk area the lid may open without an Identification Device outside.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wonder if the problem is with the trim level. It appears that that the problem could not be replicated on the Limited but can be on the SEL.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts