Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
2020 palisade AWD W/ all options
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticing door panels and hood easily denting?
I park far away from anyone and am very conscious of where I park. But I seem to have 3 small dents on one door panel and my hood dented just from pushing down to close.

super irritated since I鈥檝e only had a month 馃槫

Super Moderator
Lsuzanne89
Don't push down on hood to close. Pull it down and near the end let it close itself.
If you need to give it a little more speed pull down on front edge while closing.
let it bang down don't slow it down

Registered
I've noticed the plastic painted body pieces aren't uniformally smooth, but the metal body panels are fine and I don't feel they're any thinner than any other modern car's body panels. With the focus on building lighter weight cars for gas mileage purposes, body panels today aren't as thick as they were 30 years ago so it doesn't take as much of a hit to ding them. I can recall walking on my parent's station wagon roof as a kid. If my kids did that today I'd have dents all over!

Super Moderator
No problems with denting on my vehicle as mentioned they sure don't make them like the use too !! and Gene mentioned do not push down on hood to close. There are lots of dent repair places that can take those dents out and very reasonably priced.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Lsuzanne89
Don't push down on hood to close. Pull it down and near the end let it close itself.
If you need to give it a little more speed pull down on front edge while closing.
let it bang down don't slow it down
I read the manual and saw to 鈥渄rop it鈥 with force. Unfortunately my SO was the one who closed it and kept pushing on it trying to close it 馃檲

Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
Find paintless dent removal (PDR) service near you. Those should be very easy to remove.

I had that done before with previous cars. I found a mobile service that came to me and removed few dings for like $100

Registered
found a nice dent in the hood of our Palisade the other day. No idea how it got there, maybe a large rock, but we did not hear it hit the car. We do drive a bunch of gravel roads, maybe just bad luck.

Registered
I park far away from anyone and am very conscious of where I park. But I seem to have 3 small dents on one door panel and my hood dented just from pushing down to close.

super irritated since I鈥檝e only had a month 馃槫 View attachment 1582 View attachment 1583
Yes. I agree with you. I had a dent in my drivers side door like a week after it left the lot. And I鈥檓 SUPER careful where and how I park. It鈥檚 a small dent but noticeable to me and it irritates me. Never had this with my other cars.

Registered
A quick hail storm came through the other day. Dime sized hail pelted the car. Fortunately no (visual) damage from what I can tell. However I did take the car through a car wash and noticed the hood metal vibrating at a concerning rate when the dryer blowers were hitting the car. I do think the metal is thinner than I expected.

Super Moderator
Not sure the metal is any thinner But I have noticed that they don't have the spot welded cross bracing on things like the hood. At least not like cars used to have. Weight saving is my guess

Registered
If you got hit with dime size hail you may want to recheck your vehicle under some different lighting. Not many vehicles can go through dime-sized hail unscathed.

Registered

super irritated since I鈥檝e only had a month 馃槫 View attachment 1582 View attachment 1583
Hyundai Built quality these Korean cars are crap

Registered
Hyundai Built quality these Korean cars are crap
You claim Korean quality is "crap" and yet you had a Sorreto (allegedly) and was in line to buy a Palisade.

Then you're pissed off that at your Hyundai dealer, and now you're going to dump on Hyundai quality, even though you wanted to buy a Palisade before switching to looking at a Highlander, again because you're Hyundai dealer pissed you off?

dude, go buy your Toyota and stop trolling on this site. Anger is an unhealthy emotion.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. I agree with you. I had a dent in my drivers side door like a week after it left the lot. And I鈥檓 SUPER careful where and how I park. It鈥檚 a small dent but noticeable to me and it irritates me. Never had this with my other cars.
It鈥檚 SUPER irritating, glad to know I鈥檓 not the only one who is super careful and still ended up with some dings mysteriously.

Registered
You claim Korean quality is "crap" and yet you had a Sorreto (allegedly) and was in line to buy a Palisade.

Then you're pissed off that at your Hyundai dealer, and now you're going to dump on Hyundai quality, even though you wanted to buy a Palisade before switching to looking at a Highlander, again because you're Hyundai dealer pissed you off?

dude, go buy your Toyota and stop trolling on this site. Anger is an unhealthy emotion.
Yes bro I gave them chance twice they failed me twice my Sorento had numerous troubles at just 23000 Kms so why is crap will remain crap.they just lure u with features just my thought

Registered
Seems unhealthy to stay on here just to look for problems with the Palisade when you don鈥檛 own one. But it鈥檚 your life so hang out all you want.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts