Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a minor point BUT do any of you find this button at an inconvenient place on the lower dash area? I have to bend over to the left to use it and many times I push the lane assist one instead.

Again, a minor thing but as well as this car was designed I'm a bit surprised it's at that location. We also have a Santa Fe Sport where its in the center console, a very sensible place for it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You might already know the following. If the E=brake is engaged, when you place the transmission in either drive or reverse and give the gas pedal slight pressure the E-brake will automatically release. If you park on a grade the E-brake will automatically be applied when you put the transmission in park.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Sterling, I did know about the automatic application as my driveway is on a upgrade BUT i didn't realize the first thing you said about using slight gas pedal pressure.However, my usual driving method , on a grade, is to simply put it in reverse and coast backward, not applying gas which isn't necessary.

Anyway thx for the info and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Sterling, I did know about the automatic application as my driveway is on a upgrade BUT i didn't realize the first thing you said about using slight gas pedal pressure.However, my usual driving method , on a grade, is to simply put it in reverse and coast backward, not applying gas which isn't necessary.

Anyway thanks for the info and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Maineiac, well as I said, it's not normal to give it gas when backing down from a grade. I think most drivers would do as I do and simply put car in reverse and coast backward rather than even slightly giving it gas. However, I did just try what Sterling said and of course it works. will either adjust my normal, after 60 years of driving, procedure and either manually release the button or slightly rev it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I always manually engage and disengage the e-brake. I don't like having to apply gas to overcome it.

I very quickly got used to where it is and have no problems finding it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Same here prefer to engage/disengage myself. I am grateful that if i were to forget it disengages though unlike a manual brake. Location wise is fine. Center of dash might be easier still but with greater risk of accidental actuation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might already know the following. If the E=brake is engaged, when you place the transmission in either drive or reverse and give the gas pedal slight pressure the E-brake will automatically release. If you park on a grade the E-brake will automatically be applied when you put the transmission in park.
If you don't put on your seatbelt prior to putting the vehicle in gear, the emergency brake is NOT released, and you have to use the button to manually release it. If you put on your seat belt prior to putting the vehicle in gear, the emergency brake should always be released.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True but, and this is the part I don't like, you still have to put a bit of pressure on the gas and when you are on an incline this is not a natural thing to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts