Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Drove my new ride for 22 hours on long trip & Issue with fine dust inside the doors

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JasonT 
#1 ·
I took a 22 hour road trip in my new Rainforest 2021 Limited and it drove like a dream! I used highway drive assist/Cruise Control with Lane centering almost the entire way and wow what a difference it makes!! Not only did it perform great despite high winds and rain but I didn't feel any driver fatigue after driving 11 hours! The ride was so comfortable. At one rest stop one guy checked out my car and asked me a bunch of questions about it. He was pretty impressed. Love my new ride! This by far has been the most comfortable ride. The only downside was the gas mileage wasn't all that great while it was still in the break in period for a bit and then had to contend with a lot of cross wind. 17 miles per gallon on the way up and 22-23 on the way back with a bit of a tailwind.

While I was in South Dakota, I drove on some gravel roads and a road under construction and noticed that some very fine orange dust has coated just about every surface on the bottoms and tops of my doors on the inside and also inside the back door all the way around. No windows were open and I closed the vents to the outside when I saw that I was driving on these roads. I don't think I have ever had this kind of dust and dirt accumulating on the inside of my doors with any other vehicle I have owned. I figured the Pali would even have tighter door seals given how quiet the car is and how it sounds when the door shuts but apparently it is not all that tight. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix by Hyundai for this?

See less See more
#3 ·
Mostly outboard side of the seal (inside the door) I think but in the hatch I was surprised to see how much of that orange dust had accumulated above the taillights (under the door) and up and around the the entire door seal. Seems odd that that much dirt would enter the doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.