Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got my Lmtd a few days ago. Question: Are the DRL’s supposed to be on all the time or only when headlights are on? I see them on mine only when my headlights are on the auto position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Just got my Lmtd a few days ago. Question: Are the DRL’s supposed to be on all the time or only when headlights are on? I see them on mine only when my headlights are on the auto position.
I have a problem with mine never turning off. I'd like to disable my DRLs when parked at work or gatherings with the car running but have yet to figure out how to. 🤔

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
224 Posts
Most cars DRL's turn off when parking brake applied. Not aware of any other way.
Parking brake and turning the lights to off. I don’t believe they go off unless you turn the stock to the off position after putting the e brake on.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
Most cars DRL's turn off when parking brake applied.
Indeed. And that is exactly the case with my 2021 Calligraphy. Parking brake on = DRLs OFF. As soon as you release the parking brake, regardless if tranny is in P, R, N, or D, the DRLs turn on immediately... and I always have the light switch in OFF, not auto. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Indeed. And that is exactly the case with my 2021 Calligraphy. Parking brake on = DRLs OFF. As soon as you release the parking brake, regardless if tranny is in P, R, N, or D, the DRLs turn on immediately... and I always have the light switch in OFF, not auto. Hope this helps.
Ran into this exact thing just recently. I was waiting for my wife to run into a store, parked on incline and the DRL was off. Now, while waiting, I am of the habit of checking out/admiring the car's front side through the reflection of store's front glass and was perplexed when the lights went off -- to the point that I thought something was broken :D Apparently, the car applied the parking brake given that I was on an slight incline!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Pali is "road camo" silver. I leave the headlights and the running lights on all the time. Other drivers still drive like they can't see me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts