Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In two days I will need to transport a large package. It will not fit fully in the back of the car. In other words the liftgate will need to stay slightly ajar. The car safety features won't allow this. It puts the emergency brake on and won't let you go until the lift is closed.

How do I disable this? Or how can I get around this.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have you tried starting car put in drive, then disengaging the parking brake yourself while car is running ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not a good idea to have the back hatch open while driving as you risk having exhaust fumes entering the cab area. Might be ok if you're just going around the block, but any real distance would be dangerous. Not something I'd risk doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does the glass open separate from the Gate? I have done that on my Expedition. Rode with the glass up so a package can stick out that would have hit the glass but fit into the deck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It turns out, that I was able to make it home with the lift gate slightly open. For some reason it seemed to work, with the actual package in the car.

FYI. When I get home from work I have to put the car in park and get out to get the mail. The Palisade won't let me put the car back in drive until the seat belt is buckled. I tried Gene's suggestion to manually turn off the parking brake - and that seemed to work - in that scenario.

FYI, the glass is not separate from the gate - they are all one unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts