Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to add onto the wind noise I'm having and the 2nd row squeaking..... I noticed this morning that the plastic cover on left side of the driver's side seat track snapped. It's still attached at this point, but it has a crack in it and you can pull it away about 4 inches.

It's the plastic cover piece that they put on top of the metal seat track for the movement of the power seats. I hope it makes sense what I'm talking about. But when the seat is most of the way back a ton of the track is exposed. I'm guessing that someone either stepped on it, or maybe a pant leg got caught on it???? I say someone, because if I did it, I was unaware. I was messing with my weather tech mats and noticed the crack line and then saw that it completely was able to pull away and it was a crack in the plastic.

The quality on this car, or Hyundai in general has not impressed me at all so far in the month I've had my car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had something similar happen on my 2009 Hyundai Genesis when it was relatively new. Took it to the dealer and they did a warranty repair and never had a problem with it again.
Thanks.. Mine is going into the dealership tomorrow for the wind noise and seat squeak issues. I'll have them fix this too. It's just really bad design to have a piece sticking up that can get caught on things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts