Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bad, parked too close to some hedges and opened door into them. Molding got caught on a strong branch and when I tried to close door it came loose. Pulled it off as worried it might fall off driving.

Per photos, it looks like two pieces need replaced. On close-up, the top pic is broken area while bottom is the working part on the other end.

Have seen some replacement parts online, but has anyone had this issue? Not sure if a possible DIY or need to have dealer work on it since specialize. Seems like a whole replacement online was $100+.

Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
it looks like it can be easily replaced by yourself (DIY).
I would order the trim piece. Looks like a couple of clips and screws to secure it onto the door.

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
You can get the clips from the dealership parts dept.
Use new clips
May take a few weeks to get them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trim peices are all DIY. There's no need for any technical knowledge to replace them. Should have used the front camera view when parking close to the curb. That's what we paid for in these vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trim peices are all DIY. There's no need for any technical knowledge to replace them. Should have used the front camera view when parking close to the curb. That's what we paid for in these vehicles.
Thank you for a snarky reply. Do use the front camera but if you had read the question, you’d have noticed that it was on the side + was bushes not a curb!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'll use the side view cameras for parking as close to the curb as possible without washing my wheels, but I am not looking for those gnarly branches that can catch a door edge! I can imagine some juniper bush tearing off your door trim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts