Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Smart mode doesn’t change any of the characteristics of the car. Smart mode is designed to switch automatically between sport, comfort or eco, based on how you’re driving at any point in time. And the default mode for smart is comfort.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
So it would seem Smart mode would be what most of us would select, right?
Probably. But there might be cases when you want it to stay in Sport mode, even if you're not driving aggressively 100% of the time, for example. That's the beauty of it: you can do what you want.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mickey nothing wrong with that so long as you are OK with the features of Eco mode such as slower acceleration, lower air conditioning performance, etc. As Eric said, that's what's great about the system. Tailor it to whatever you like.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sorry to tap in and slightly change the topic slightly.... I really like Smart. Car seems to run well in it all conditions. That said I did notice something on modestly long 70 mile round trip I had not noticed before.

When Smart Cruise Control is engaged Smart Drive Mode turns itself off. You can only tell that if you hit the Enter button that toggles though the screens other then Speed on Center screen between Speed and Tach. The display reads Smart Mode Off. Thought this a bit odd. I suppose when Smart Cruise control is engaged the car is responding to that as well as your alternations to Speed Set point. I played with some of the other "Modes" Eco, Sport, Comfort and they did not go to Off with Smart Cruise control engaged (did not repeat the test with regular Cruise Control).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts