Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised that not all trim levels have illuminated symbols on the drive mode dial. I have a SEL trim with all 3 packages added on but the rotary dial for the drive mode is just all black and has no illuminated symbols on it. Can anyone confirm this, that not all trims have illuminated symbols. Tried watching different trims on youtube and I’ve seen some models that are just blank dials just like mine. Just wanna make sure that this is not a defect on my vehicle. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a Limited FWD and a black dial, no lights. , i've read that only AWD models have illuminated dials
I was surprised that not all trim levels have illuminated symbols on the drive mode dial. I have a SEL trim with all 3 packages added on but the rotary dial for the drive mode is just all black and has no illuminated symbols on it. Can anyone confirm this, that not all trims have illuminated symbols. Tried watching different trims on youtube and I’ve seen some models that are just blank dials just like mine. Just wanna make sure that this is not a defect on my vehicle. Thanks.
I have a Limited AWD US version and the drive mode dial is illuminated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All AWD models should illuminate to show what driving mode your in. There should be no need for FWD to illuminate if there is only 1 mode..

·
Banned
145 Posts
The SEL w/ convenience/premium pkgs has no lights in the drive mode. I wasn’t aware that there were 3 pkgs available on the SEL. Is that new? I have a 2021 with both pkgs. What’s the third pkg?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
179 Posts
The SEL w/ convenience/premium pkgs has no lights in the drive mode. I wasn’t aware that there were 3 pkgs available on the SEL. Is that new? I have a 2021 with both pkgs. What’s the third pkg?
You’re quoting a super old post. The 2020 SEL had Convenience, Premium, and Drive Guidance packages. For 2021, the contents of the Drive Guidance package were rolled into the Premium package.

The main question was already answered, but to reiterate:

Every AWD Palisade has an illuminated drive mode selector dial.

Every FWD Palisade has a non-illuminated drive mode selector toggle switch.

It has nothing to do with the vehicle’s trim.

Reactions: blutob2

·
Banned
145 Posts
You’re quoting a super old post. The 2020 SEL had Convenience, Premium, and Drive Guidance packages. For 2021, the contents of the Drive Guidance package were rolled into the Premium package.

The main question was already answered, but to reiterate:

Every AWD Palisade has an illuminated drive mode selector dial.

Every FWD Palisade has a non-illuminated drive mode selector toggle switch.

It has nothing to do with the vehicle’s trim.
You are exactly correct. I guess because I have a 2021 model the guidance system was never mentioned as a third pkg because it was included in the premium. OK cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts