Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me, but occasionally when taking my foot off of the gas when travelling 25 or 30 mph, it seems like a brake is dragging and the car slows down abnormally slow compared to other times when I let of the gas and it just coasts. When this happens, when it gets to around 5 mph, it continues to run normally and doesn't stop (like it should, as it is in Drive). Just curious if anyone else feels this.
Rusty

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've noticed this as well. Not sure if the vehicle is downshifting and engine braking. Will need to listen closer and play around with the paddle shifters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but occasionally when taking my foot off of the gas when travelling 25 or 30 mph, it seems like a brake is dragging and the car slows down abnormally slow compared to other times when I let of the gas and it just coasts. When this happens, when it gets to around 5 mph, it continues to run normally and doesn't stop (like it should, as it is in Drive). Just curious if anyone else feels this.
Rusty
Yes, mine (FWD) does the same thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have noticed this when I have the cruise control set at a speed and I speed up to go to a higher speed. The vehicle seems like it is trying to slow its self down. When I turn the cruise control off the sensation goes away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rusty
I have the same on my palisade as well. It has nothing to do with cruise control (not used CC once in the 7 days I've had the car), and typically happens in the 25-35 mph range. It will noticeably slow down until (in my case) exactly 13 mph at which time you can feel it 'let up' and resume normal coasting. Dealer asked me to bring it in. I'll post an update with their conclusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you happen to take your car in? I’m having this same issue. I feel like the car is engine braking and /or downshifting. If I put the car in neutral and immediately in drive, it coasts normally

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've noticed this also but I have chalked it up to the 8 speed transmission downshifting. It's also probably has something to do with gas savings since downshifting is more economical then smashing the brake pedal. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the vehicle and is something you will learn to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing this more and more as automatic transmissions get more gears for better economy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts