Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and I have an imported Korean version of the Palisade.

My problem happened during the COVID lockdown. Not sure if because I left the car for a few days and I couldn't open the doors with the remote. I thought my remote battery ran out and I replaced new ones. (Quite difficult to open that key up without scratching it, by the way). So now with the key fob with a new battery, it still wouldn't open. So now I'm thinking my car battery has discharged.

I found the manual key hole (behind driver side door handle) but I can't figure out how to place the key in because the space is just so small. Is there a technique I'm missing here?

Also when I DO finally get into the car, it's a push start button, so how is that gonna help me start the car? My dealer's office is on full lockdown because of the virus. So no one is really helping right now. Hope you guys have experienced this and have a solution?

All the best guys. So far, I'm loving the car.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and I have an imported Korean version of the Palisade.

My problem happened during the COVID lockdown. Not sure if because I left the car for a few days and I couldn't open the doors with the remote. I thought my remote battery ran out and I replaced new ones. (Quite difficult to open that key up without scratching it, by the way). So now with the key fob with a new battery, it still wouldn't open. So now I'm thinking my car battery has discharged.

I found the manual key hole (behind driver side door handle) but I can't figure out how to place the key in because the space is just so small. Is there a technique I'm missing here?

Also when I DO finally get into the car, it's a push start button, so how is that gonna help me start the car? My dealer's office is on full lockdown because of the virus. So no one is really helping right now. Hope you guys have experienced this and have a solution?

All the best guys. So far, I'm loving the car.
To use the mechanical key, see below. If your battery is dead, your car won't start. You need to get it jumped or use a battery charger, which you can buy. I don't know which country you're in, but maybe online shopping and deliveries still function and you can buy one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think he is in the Philippines in which case it's gonna be difficult. They are arresting people for being out wandering I think...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for this Eric!! I'll give this a try. Yes if car still won't start then I'll have to jump it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he is in the Philippines in which case it's gonna be difficult. They are arresting people for being out wandering I think...
Yes buddy I'm from Philippines and we are unfortunately on a strict lockdown. Stay safe everyone..

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you receive the Korean version, maybe we can ask a few questions about the features you got compared to ours.
Someone told me the Philippines only received certain color Palisades, Is this true? or can you get any of the Palisade colors we get here in the USA main land?
When I was in the military I was at Subic Bay several times. Of course it is now the Subic Bay Freeport zone.
Is Olongapo still the major city there>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hyundai Philippines hasn't imported the Palisade yet. So i had to buy the car from a Korean car importer (small shop that sells Hyundais)

The Korean version is same as the US version I think. I saw reviews on Youtube from US buyers and it was the same.

Yes Olongapo is still the major city in Subic. Slowed down after US bases left but it's been picking up again last few years. But Clark in Pampanga is more developed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you receive the Korean version, maybe we can ask a few questions about the features you got compared to ours.
Someone told me the Philippines only received certain color Palisades, Is this true? or can you get any of the Palisade colors we get here in the USA main land?
When I was in the military I was at Subic Bay several times. Of course it is now the Subic Bay Freeport zone.
Is Olongapo still the major city there>
The colors are only white red and black.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The Korean version is same as the US version I think. I saw reviews on Youtube from US buyers and it was the same.
They are slightly different. The Korean version gets power-folding mirrors, extra terrain modes besides snow with the AWD version (but not the differential lock), different and/or more interior colors, an optional diesel engine, and LED headlights with 3 bulbs. We do have more exterior colors available here though. I think that's most of the differences.

PS: if you can figure out what the 3rd LED bulb does, that would be great. Not sure if it's a fog light or something else.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Hyundai Philippines hasn't imported the Palisade yet. So i had to buy the car from a Korean car importer (small shop that sells Hyundais)

Yes Olongapo is still the major city in Subic. Slowed down after US bases left but it's been picking up again last few years. But Clark in Pampanga is more developed.
Landed at Clark AFB a number of times back then.
So what color outside and inside is yours, and what edition SEL or other.
Do both top led's come on on low beam and the bottom is the high beam?
Or is one a fog lamp.
Are you mirrors power folding and auto dimming?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Ultimate AWD Steel Grafite
11 Posts
They are slightly different. The Korean version gets power-folding mirrors, extra terrain modes besides snow with the AWD version (but not the differential lock), different and/or more interior colors, an optional diesel engine, and LED headlights with 3 bulbs. We do have more exterior colors available here though. I think that's most of the differences.

PS: if you can figure out what the 3rd LED bulb does, that would be great. Not sure if it's a fog light or something else.
the 3 head lamps are 2 for low beam and one high beam

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Ultimate AWD Steel Grafite
11 Posts
the 3 head lamps are 2 for low beam and one high beam
don’t know,
I guess it’s more for the look cause they also have a small square portion of the white DRL on the bumper between the the top and bottom portion coming down from the hood,
one bulb makes enough light for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts