Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem; when I get out of the car, and try to lock either front door with the button on the door handle, I get a long beep and it will not lock. I have to lock with the fob, and that works fine. Might happen 3-6 times in a row (during a day), and then it just starts to work. Will work for maybe 3-5 days and then doesn't work again for 3-6 times. Anyone else seeing this? I am going into the dealer for rear axle replacement in a couple of weeks (vibration) but odds are the door locks will work when I bring it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to disable the automatic door lock feature? Dealer had no idea and nothing in manuals. It's a nuisance when running around pricking up people and when working in garage w/o fob and want in a back door.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to disable the automatic door lock feature? Dealer had no idea and nothing in manuals. It's a nuisance when running around pricking up people and when working in garage w/o fob and want in a back door.
I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but you can change the various auto lock and auto unlock (i.e. when turning off the car, etc.) in the instrument settings. Also, only driver's door unlocks on first press of unlock on the key fob. Two presses is needed to unlock the rest of the doors, including the hatch. You can, however, likewise change this setting in the instrument cluster panel settings.

Check manual pages starting [3-96 (overview), and specifically 3-105 ~ 3-106 for the specific settings available regarding door locking/unlocking]; or [3-114, and 3-124 ~ 3-125] depending on which style instrument cluster you have equipped]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is what I have found out. I have my truck set to unlock all the doors when it is put into park. I to see that sometimes it doesn’t unlock the doors and here is why. If you just shut the engine instead of hitting park or if you don’t wait a few seconds after putting it into park it won’t unlock the doors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found it easier to have the doors unlock with turning off the engine. I just use the door switch for times I don’t power off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts