Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So someone is just randomly giving away 500$ for every car purchased/leased in those brands? Even if I don't take insurance from those 4 listed.
All they need is all our personal info.
I don't mind the extra 500$ but kinda sounds fishy?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So someone is just randomly giving away 500$ for every car purchased/leased in those brands? Even if I don't take insurance from those 4 listed.
good point 😳

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bonusdrive is meant to be an affiliate with those companies to help market the vehicles. The theory being that you would be an Allstate member (or whoever else you qualify through), hear about this through the affiliate and be persuaded to get the car. The money comes from Hyundai/the brand of the vehicle that you got.

No different than when Costco does their sales and you get a rebate from them or when truecar does it or usaa or penfed, etc

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bonus drive is a marketing firm that does not sell information to third parties. I did not give them any personal info that isn’t already available publicly or online. I expect to be contacted by Allstate and Hyundai to get my future business. I expect I might also be contacted by them to participate in surveys or focus groups. I think it’s worth the risk. I googled “bonusdrive scam” and NOTHING negative appeared.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I applied on January 6th and received approval confirmation on January 15th. Says check could take 8-10 weeks post-approval.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I applied on January 6th and received approval confirmation on January 15th. Says check could take 8-10 weeks post-approval.
Approval from who? Did you get an approval from Hyundai? I got a text message saying that my application has been reviewed and so far it looks good and has been sent to the manufacturer for review and approval of payment.

·
Registered
132 Posts
BonusDrive submits the application into Hyundai, which then has to approve it. The approval notification comes from BonusDrive, but it's Hyundai that actually approves.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BonusDrive submits the application into Hyundai, which then has to approve it. The approval notification comes from BonusDrive, but it's Hyundai that actually approves.
OK Thx! I guess the next message should be that it has been approved by Hyundai. Time will tell.

·
Registered
474 Posts
OK Thx! I guess the next message should be that it has been approved by Hyundai. Time will tell.
Yes. It only takes a few days for Hyundai to approve it. It's after that approval that it takes 8-10 weeks for the check.

So this morning, I got an update that my check was being processed. Next email will have the tracking number for the check. It has been exactly 9 weeks and 2 days since Hyundai's approval.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Eric2203, i think our timing so far on this promo is very similar.

Just for posterity's sake for anyone else waiting on this, this is the timeline for me so far on this:
  • 11/14/2019: Application submitted
  • 11/15/2019: Application update - quick update that application passed the preliminary approval, and being sent to Hyundai for final confirmation/approval
  • 01/08/2020: Application approved
  • 01/17/2020: Check is "processing"
Now I am also at the stage of waiting for the actual tracking number.

For me, next week would officially be the "8th" week since submitting the application. So yeah, they really aren't kidding when they say "8-10 weeks".

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Got my email saying my bonusdrive is approved along with an approval number
The email said 6-8 weeks to receive the check.
That was quick for me

21 - 40 of 73 Posts