Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. We own a Telluride SX and it does not have Travel Link although it looks like the early build models did.

Does the Palisade have it? This is the Sirius service that gives Weather, Traffic, gas prices, etc. It's separate from the HD radio weather and traffic.

We have a '19 Hyundai Kona that has it and we really want this feature on our Telluride.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi guys. We own a Telluride SX and it does not have Travel Link although it looks like the early build models did.

Does the Palisade have it? This is the Sirius service that gives Weather, Traffic, gas prices, etc. It's separate from the HD radio weather and traffic.

We have a '19 Hyundai Kona that has it and we really want this feature on our Telluride.

Thanks for any info.
According to this handy website and charts, the Palisade gets XM Traffic, but not Travel Link (they are 2 separate services):

I have not seen any evidence that the Palisade gets XM Traffic, so I don't know if this is accurate.

As you know, the Palisade does get traffic and weather from HD radio.

There's a page for Kia, but it doesn't even list the 2020 models. As to the 2019s, it appears some of them get XM Traffic. None get XM Travel Link:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
According to this handy website and charts, the Palisade gets XM Traffic, but not Travel Link (they are 2 separate services):

I have not seen any evidence that the Palisade gets XM Traffic, so I don't know if this is accurate.

As you know, the Palisade does get traffic and weather from HD radio.

There's a page for Kia, but it doesn't even list the 2020 models. As to the 2019s, it appears some of them get XM Traffic. None get XM Travel Link:
Thanks. Those charts aren't complete because my 2019 Kona Ultimate has the Travel Link (weather, traffic, gas prices, sports, movies, etc).

Our Telluride does have HD radio weather and traffic but they are next to worthless because the areas we frequent don't have a signal.

Here is a link to a photo of Travel Link on a Telluride S model: https://tellurideforum.org/threads/siriusxm-data.683/#post-33317

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I spoke with my Service Manager who is great and I was shocked that his head tech employee had some information. He told me the Telluride is Travel Link capable and that Kia had intended for it to be on the vehicles but it is blocked at this time until some security issues are resolved between Kia and Sirius. He is confident it will be available at some point and he doesn't think it will require a software update. It will just get unblocked at some point from Sirius.

I'm a little concerned that they removed it from the manual. It would make more sense for the info to have stayed in the manual if they intend to offer it in the future.

So there is some hope that we will see Travel Link on our Tellurides at some point.

I am waiting to hear from the forum member that showed it on his S model last Spring whether he still has it or if it has been blocked on his Telluride.

I'm guessing it's the same on the Palisade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at my dealer today and they had an October 9, 2019 build Telluride S that had Sirius XM Data services. Why in the world would a lower trim model have it and the SX doesn't?

Does the lower trim Palisade come with a different infotainment screen? If so, maybe it's the same thing with the Palisade.
IMG_1813.jpg
IMG_1813.jpg

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes, the SE and SEL trims of the Palisade get an 8" display that does not include Sirius/XM or HD radio. On the Limited and the SEL with the driver guidance package, you get the 10.25" display and Sirius/XM + HD radio. I checked on our Limited this morning, and there's clearly no way to get XM Travel Link data.

By contrast, Kia offers Sirus/XM on all trim levels of the Telluride. I'm unclear which ones get HD radio (maybe only the ones with Nav?). Your experience leads me to believe that the non-nav trim levels have Sirius/XM Travel Link, while the ones with navigation have HD radio data.

And by that reasoning, Hyundai doesn't need to provide Travel Link because they don't offer XM unless you have nav.

Hyundai (and presumably Kia) signed a deal to use HD radio data in its cars since 2017. That's probably why they don't offer Sirius/XM data on cars with Nav. Although your Kona does have it (does it have nav?) so who knows?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes, the SE and SEL trims of the Palisade get an 8" display that does not include Sirius/XM or HD radio. On the Limited and the SEL with the driver guidance package, you get the 10.25" display and Sirius/XM + HD radio. I checked on our Limited this morning, and there's clearly no way to get XM Travel Link data.

By contrast, Kia offers Sirus/XM on all trim levels of the Telluride. I'm unclear which ones get HD radio (maybe only the ones with Nav?). Your experience leads me to believe that the non-nav trim levels have Sirius/XM Travel Link, while the ones with navigation have HD radio data.

And by that reasoning, Hyundai doesn't need to provide Travel Link because they don't offer XM unless you have nav.

Hyundai (and presumably Kia) signed a deal to use HD radio data in its cars since 2017. That's probably why they don't offer Sirius/XM data on cars with Nav. Although your Kona does have it (does it have nav?) so who knows?
Yes my Kona has NAV, HD radio, HD weather, HD traffic, and Sirius Travel Link (weather, gas prices, stocks, sports, movies, etc).

The Telluride S that I posted photos of above does not have NAV. So none of this makes sense. I'm shocked that the lower trim Palisades don't have Sirius. Hyundai/Kia is all over the place with these two models.

If Hyundai/Kia's reasoning is Travel Link is not needed if you have HD radio that is flawed reasoning. On the 2,600 mile trip I recently took I only had HD weather for 400 miles of the trip. SD, WY and MT don't have a signal. If I had Travel Link I would have had access to weather the entire trip. And this time of year trucking west on I-90 the weather app can be very useful.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts