Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im not happy with the level of my trailer even with the top of the line Curt Distribution Weight and Anti Sway Hitch.

I have read that its recommended to hook up the trailer only with the ball, drive couple miles so the Palisade can auto level and then finish the setup of the distribution weight hitch.

Im attaching some pictures of the level when picking up the dealer and in other stops during my most recent trips.

I reviewed the manual and no recommendations for the auto level-distribution weight topic as other manufacturers do.

Link of my DW Hitch Installation : Installation Sheets (TRUTRACK WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION HITCH WITH SWAY CONTROL (8-10K, 35-9/16" BARS) #17500)

RV: Travel Trailer KZ Escape E211RB (25 feet).

Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have never had a vehicle that does NOT sag when fully loaded, even my Q7 with air suspension and XC90 V8 with the same Nivomat hydraulic self-leveling suspension in the Palisade. These things can only compensate so much.

Perhaps you need a new hitch with a few inches of rise to get the nose of your trailer from pointing down. The receiver of the Palisade is quite low to the ground unlike conventional body-on-frame SUVs

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
60 Posts
How is the camper when not attached to the hitch?

Is it balanced? it looks unbalanced as if all the weight was/is on the tongue.

Of course it could just be the angle and height making it look that way, but the trailer should be balanced.

Obvious of course, but always start with the simple stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the camper when not attached to the hitch?

Is it balanced? it looks unbalanced as if all the weight was/is on the tongue.

Of course it could just be the angle and height making it look that way, but the trailer should be balanced.

Obvious of course, but always start with the simple stuff.
Seems to be the dealer will need to adjust the height of the distribution weight hitch. This is mine:

Manual: https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/17500/installsheet/17500_INS.pdf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the theoretical hitch weight. You need to measure the actual hitch weight after you balance the load inside the trailer.

How is it the dealer's responsibility to adjust your hitch?
Because they sold me the hitch. They will adjust it, I have arranged that already.

·
Registered
830 Posts
5k loaded. In the picture its loaded around 4,100 pounds.
What is the tongue weight with it loaded with your stuff.

At 450 lbs dry tongue weight, you're already sitting close to the upper limit of what the vehicle is capable of. If you've loaded stuff/tanks/etc forward of the axles, you could have very easily exceeded the rated tongue weight capacity of the vehicle. There's no surprise if the rear leveling isn't able to properly accommodate being overloaded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts