Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something, or is the trunk opening on the non electric trunks archaic? I don't see a button to open the trunk in the dash or fob. I'm confused as why they don't just allow the trunk to unlock and then open it by hydraulic pressure? I understand a person would need to put energy in to close it, but why is it like this? I just think it's absurd that i have a vehicle that has semi autonomous driving and this aspect could be so dumb.

Am I missing something, or is the only way to open it by pressing the button on the tailgate and lifting?

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
The SE was offered for people who want to spend as little as possible and still drive a 3 row SUV.
The SEL is offered in 3 different tiers of features, Again that is because not everyone wants all
the features. Be it because of what they could afford, what they wanted to spend, or they just
didn't want all the extra's. Then there is the limited trim which has basically everything included.
People on here have ask why their SE didn't have puddle lights or a dual pane sun roof. It all
depends on what you decide to purchase. I remember when my wife and I purchased a van without
a radio because we couldn't afford the extra cost then. It is all about choice, which Hyundai tries to meet
so everyone can get what they need. If they were selling the bottom tiers with everything included
why not just produce only the limited.
Because all of us have different needs and wants

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
129 Posts
I can state that on the SEL with Convenience package there is a

• button on the remote
  • button on the dash (lower left side of steering wheel)
  • will open automatically if you walk behind it and stand for a few seconds (ie. hands-free)

but based on what you are saying the SEL (without Conv) doesn't have these. I think it was nutty for them to require the 1990's style sunroof (would have been willing to pay more for the sunroof +| moon roof, but can't get that on SEL) in order to get the Conv pkg, but it was worth it to me to get the Conv features.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Aren't door handles archaic? When I unlock my car I expect the door to be open already. I hate having to use the door handle!

Joking aside, it's safety feature. Imagine if you accidentally unlock it (and it unlatches without you knowing) then you drive off and all your stuff falls out. Smart cars can't fix dumb people. Is pressing the button before you lift the tailgate that inconvenient?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can state that on the SEL with Convenience package there is a

• button on the remote
  • button on the dash (lower left side of steering wheel)
  • will open automatically if you walk behind it and stand for a few seconds (ie. hands-free)
but based on what you are saying the SEL (without Conv) doesn't have these. I think it was nutty for them to require the 1990's style sunroof (would have been willing to pay more for the sunroof +| moon roof, but can't get that on SEL) in order to get the Conv pkg, but it was worth it to me to get the Conv features.
Yeah its not on the lower tier. My salesman did a terrible job explaining the differences of the different tiers within the SEL models, so I didn't know what what I'd be losing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts