Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah same and I use it at 4-ways, etc. Other than that I have no issue with it shutting off. But I wish my MINI was the same with brake pressure, it does not sense that.

Anyways, I am amazed by how many want to tear into the dash or whatever and install a part that who knows what will happen with it down the road. Most likely nothing. But I guess my point is, it only takes .69 seconds to turn it off when you get in the car. I guess I personally don't see it as an issue but just my experience.
It sucks. Plain and simple. If it was an electric engine, maybe... 🥁

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate it and the extra wear on the engine.
I dont like it cause of the way it functions by turning everything off except the radio. I think for a minuet that the vehicle stalled! Then the restart is rough and shakes the vehicle a little and the sound of it restart is annoying, not use to it as I am always in tune with whats going on around me..

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Not just the radio stays on, and the restart is no different than the original startup. Cars with ISG are designed for the additional starting and stopping so wear is a non-issue. Or negligible at worst.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
Not just the radio stays on, and the restart is no different than the original startup. Cars with ISG are designed for the additional starting and stopping so wear is a non-issue. Or negligible at worst.
Yeah I agree, air and everything stays on. Zero issues with how it works.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
Fan maybe, but not a/c, and if it does, lowers in intensity significantly... Only noticed when visited down south in 90 degree weather.
Yes, correct, I should have been more specific. Obviously the AC compressor isn't able to turn on without engine running. I've yet to experience it in very warm weather and looking forward to it this summer. I'm curious how it will do, like how long it will stay shut-off, what temp inside before it turns back on, etc.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
But if the interior calls for more air conditioning, the car will restart the engine
Well I don't know what that is and have not seen anything specifically. The manual only states "certain period of time has elapsed with the air condition ON." But other than outside temp, there is zero mention of interior temp.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well I don't know what that is and have not seen anything specifically. The manual only states "certain period of time has elapsed with the air condition ON." But other than outside temp, there is zero mention of interior temp.
View attachment 3568
I have personally experienced the car restarting at a red light because the AC was needed. It’s the statement “a certain period of time has elapsed with the air condition ON” above.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
I wonder if it's a fixed time regardless of cabin temp vs. A/C setting vs. outside temp or if it shortens the time due to demand.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah, I've experienced it as well. That's when I turn it off. Obviously that option (turning off) is still included for a reason... It's not always convenient and some don't like it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 21 ISG is so smooth I have to check the tach. If creeping in traffic and only apply light brake pressure, does not shut down. Firm braking to a stop, it does. Vehicle restarts before my foot reaches the gas. I expect some issues have to do with driving style but then I learned to drive in 1947 before all these bells and whistles, air conditioning, automstic transmissions, et al.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Off the top of my head, no there isn't. But I'm curious: why do you want to disable it? I've driven multiple vehicles with auto-stop/start technology and the Palisade has one of the better systems. It's always been back on before my foot had time to move from the brake pedal to the gas pedal. And it can be sort-of be controlled by how hard you push the brake pedal (lighter press won't trigger it). It also disables itself if it detects the engine is not in the optimal conditions and/or if the car needs cooled (I think). I've driven with far worse systems.
I HATE this useless feature. I'd pay extra to get a hack to turn this thing off permanently. One more stupid design idea in car building!

161 - 180 of 198 Posts