Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
493 Posts
Why are you bothering people? I want this feature gone too. Do you complain to people when they don't like a certain color now too? This feature is to save literally teaspoons of gas over the week. If you don't think that's extra wear and tear, you're out of your mind. Your iPhone breaks, your car breaks, everything breaks eventually. I don't need the engine turning off every 3 minutes.
well you made quite a statement for your first post i hope the next one is more constructive and not so critical of other members so be forewarned .

·
Super Moderator
493 Posts
Why are you bothering people? I want this feature gone too. Do you complain to people when they don't like a certain color now too? This feature is to save literally teaspoons of gas over the week. If you don't think that's extra wear and tear, you're out of your mind. Your iPhone breaks, your car breaks, everything breaks eventually. I don't need the engine turning off every 3 minutes.
Banned per his request after warning given.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello ya'll

I don't like my engine auto off system. Does the palisade have a towing connection port? I watched a video that you can plug dummy a connector and the vehicle will always think you are towing something not allowing the engine to shut off.. has anyone try this?

Thank you

·
Registered
214 Posts
Every nice car or suv forum has this exact same discussion and you would think the same people are writing in each forum.

·
Super Moderator
493 Posts
Well maybe not as when a person has a problem some how they think there problem is unique to them and most never do a search that is why you see the same treads over and over again and some just like to vent.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I have to read/scroll thru one more new post as opposed to reading the original 15 threads on the "unpleasant smell" or "wind noise", I'll scream. Feel sorry for you moderators.
Rusty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I tried the old trick and it worked. Used an old pice of debit card to hold the button before I started the vehicle. No more frustration at the traffic stops. So if you haven't tried this, do it now.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
285 Posts
Hello ya'll

I don't like my engine auto off system. Does the palisade have a towing connection port? I watched a video that you can plug dummy a connector and the vehicle will always think you are towing something not allowing the engine to shut off.. has anyone try this?

Thank you
I don't mind the feature myself, but I can attest to the fact that when pulling a trailer, the auto stop/start still works.

·
Registered
285 Posts
They have this for auto locking and unlocking the door too, but it says you need factory installed folding mirrors to use all the functions. As none of the American cars have factory folding mirrors, I wonder which functions do or don't work, as it only has two functions to begin with?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They have this for auto locking and unlocking the door too, but it says you need factory installed folding mirrors to use all the functions. As none of the American cars have factory folding mirrors, I wonder which functions do or don't work, as it only has two functions to begin with?

This will not work for the Palisade. It's been discussed in other threads or the other forum (can't recall which). Since the Palisade does not have the power folding mirrors which this needs in order to function. Oddly enough, I did read the Telluride does have folding mirrors.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This will not work for the Palisade. It's been discussed in other threads or the other forum (can't recall which). Since the Palisade does not have the power folding mirrors which this needs in order to function. Oddly enough, I did read the Telluride does have folding mirrors.
I just emailed them after I posted the comment. They already replied. Their reply is: "I just realized that I hadn't specified which functions worked and which didn't. If your car does not have factory power folding mirrors, only the auto lock function will work when you walk away from the car. The auto unlock will not work."

·
Registered
285 Posts
I also asked if they could look into making a memory function module for the Parking Distance Warning system. Each time you shift from reverse, to park or forward and then back to reverse the system is reactivated. Very much a pain in the backside when trailering. Especially when trying to navigate into a tight parking space and need to shift forward and reverse several times

·
Registered
1 Posts
Justify it? My justification is the fact I do not like it. It is annoying to me. If you like it great...

Yes I am aware of the marketing hype of how the motor is "improved" and blah blah blah. I still want it permanently disabled. Period. Is anyone aware of how this can be achieved?
I agree. The feature is absolute trash and its almost as annoying as someone continuously asking you WHY you don't like it.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts