Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
241 - 243 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I pull into the garage and am ready to get out, I just press the engine start/stop button and the vehicle goes into park automatically as soon as the engine shuts off. No need to put it park first and then stop the engine.
I agree. I'm good with Auto Stop/Start and this method works just fine. However, not actually selecting park (pushing start/stop instead) leaves all the doors (except driver) locked. Now any passengers (kids), expecting the doors to open, are confused/disappointed. I don't want to turn off the "auto lock" feature. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Any way to PERMANENTLY disable stop/start? Yes I know there is a button on the dash however it is annoying to push every start up plus I do not trust my wife is doing this either.
My wife has a Santa Fe and I hated the feature until I got my Palisade- hardly notice it and unlike the Santa Fe I’ve found the palisade responds quickly to a press on the accelerator.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
669 Posts
I agree. I'm good with Auto Stop/Start and this method works just fine. However, not actually selecting park (pushing start/stop instead) leaves all the doors (except driver) locked. Now any passengers (kids), expecting the doors to open, are confused/disappointed. I don't want to turn off the "auto lock" feature. Any thoughts?
Maybe select
Auto UNLOCK - Vehicle Off (if equipped with smart key) When this feature is set in the LCD cluster display, all the doors will be unlocked automatically when the vehicle is off.

(page 3-19 in the manual)

241 - 243 of 243 Posts