Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The problem I have with that stupid thing is it shuts off almost immediately, so literally a small fraction of a second before I get back on the gas on a stop sign. The car is not expecting having to restart immediately upon stopping, so the starter makes a disturbing noise sometimes. After 1K miles, I'm remembering to shut the damn thing off almost every time, so it shouldn't be an issue from now on. It's just not a smart enough system yet, especially for folks like me, who rarely drive in traffic.
I never have that issue. I’ve had it on other cars with poorly designed systems. But the Hyundai one is the smoothest I’ve ever used and it’s always back on before my foot is back on the gas. Not sure what you’re doing wrong.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I never have that issue. I’ve had it on other cars with poorly designed systems. But the Hyundai one is the smoothest I’ve ever used and it’s always back on before my foot is back on the gas. Not sure what you’re doing wrong.
Probably his extremely precise, unmatched foot control that the rest of us can't replicate.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
I'm not doing anything 'wrong'. The system is simply not designed well. I never use it, but when I forget to turn it off, it shuts off when I'm basically doing a 1 nanosecond stop at a stop sign, and that immediate restarting after shutting off, the car just doesn't like it. I haven't forgotten to shut it off lately, so it shouldn't happen again. But was just pointing out the system is not smart enough to be useful in my case. It only saves fuel in a long stop light.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'm not doing anything 'wrong'. The system is simply not designed well. I never use it, but when I forget to turn it off, it shuts off when I'm basically doing a 1 nanosecond stop at a stop sign, and that immediate restarting after shutting off, the car just doesn't like it. I haven't forgotten to shut it off lately, so it shouldn't happen again. But was just pointing out the system is not smart enough to be useful in my case. It only saves fuel in a long stop light.
Well it takes more than one nanosecond to move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal, so I’m not quite sure how you’re experiencing that problem. For me, it’s always back on before my foot is even back on the gas pedal. It’s the best ISG system I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve driven bad ones.

As was mentioned before, if you don’t depress the brake pedal fully, the ISG won’t engage. If you’re in slow moving traffic, try that. Or turn it off as you’re already doing. But I doubt you need to do that every single time you drive.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
669 Posts
You sure that's a nanosecond and not a millisecond or a microsecond?

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
I've driven many ISG systems and this is one of the best designed systems going
Works like it should and gives you control over the function in a number of ways.
As Eric has pointed out

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
113 Posts
Same here...so smooth I don't even realize it's on sometimes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
2 years ago when I took my first 2 test drives, I remember sitting at home that night and I said to my wife, I wonder if it had stop/start as it was seemless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any way to PERMANENTLY disable stop/start? Yes I know there is a button on the dash however it is annoying to push every start up plus I do not trust my wife is doing this either.
Yes there's actually a button in the center console that has the letter a with a circle around it press that button it will turn the feature of off

·
Registered
168 Posts
One way to permanently turn off the ISG is to jam a piece of an old credit card into the space just to the left of the button with the button pressed down. I did this almost a year ago and and it works just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My frustration with the auto stop/start is not so much on the road as it is when I pull into my garage. When I pull in I have a parking block glued to the floor for my tire to rest against. As the Palisade stops, the engine shuts off just a second before I hit the park button. As I hit the park button, the Palisade lunges forward a couple of inches as it restarts! Luckily, I still have my foot partially on the brake. I may try the small piece of credit card to lodge into the edge of the button to keep it turned off.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My frustration with the auto stop/start is not so much on the road as it is when I pull into my garage. When I pull in I have a parking block glued to the floor for my tire to rest against. As the Palisade stops, the engine shuts off just a second before I hit the park button. As I hit the park button, the Palisade lunges forward a couple of inches as it restarts! Luckily, I still have my foot partially on the brake. I may try the small piece of credit card to lodge into the edge of the button to keep it turned off.
Don’t brake as hard and the car won’t shut off. In other words, you can prevent the auto stop from kicking in by not fully depressing the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
156 Posts
How does this stretch onto 12 pages...everytime?
Because users refuse to read the previous posts so they just ask again. If you read all 12 pages the issue has probably been answered a dozen times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I pull into the garage and am ready to get out, I just press the engine start/stop button and the vehicle goes into park automatically as soon as the engine shuts off. No need to put it park first and then stop the engine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just automatically tu it off every time I get in the car as a matter of routine.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
669 Posts
Must be either where I live or the fact 90% of my trips are under 15 miles, but my ISG has rarely ever shut my engine off. I think in the past year, it might have turned it off a dozen times. Doesn't bother me, so I just leave it alone. I with the Auto Hold could stay on. I keep forgetting to turn it on. I might get the module from Shark Racing just for the Auto Hold. I wish the reverse parking sensors could be set to stay off though. Such a pain in the backside when pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
640 Posts
Technique to prevent this is just unbuckle your seat belt. If you do it slow enough like below 5 then you won't get the annoying beeping. I always just unbuckle pulling into garage and that prevents it from shutting off too.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts