Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one of my old Techs looking into seeing if the wiring can be reversed so that the shut off feature has to be enabled instead of disabled. (I’m a former Hyundai service mgr) I’ll post if I have any success with this.
no need to comment on this Eric.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
669 Posts
I wish there was a way to turn off the rear parking assist sensor and keep it off until you turn it back on. Super annoying when trying to back a trailer into a tight spot and each time you shift from reverse to drive and then back to reverse, the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
...If you want another specific complaint, then one of my biggest issue with the system: whenever I pull into somewhere to park, it'll shut off. Then, I put it in P and the engine turns BACK on. Then of course I have to turn it off manually. The process is clunky, and although I realize the system is acting as it was designed to, again, I really, really find it all annoying and unpleasant.

Also, no engine = no AC. I like my AC on when im driving in the SoCal heat, thank you very much.. I'm not interested in an intermittent AC system...
THIS! I have said the exact same thing when I first posted about this last year. I'm in Florida and it gets hot here too, I like my AC on while I'm driving and while I'm idling.
I had mentioned about an all electric AC system like EVs have...oh well maybe when an EV Palisade comes out...

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
642 Posts
THIS! I have said the exact same thing when I first posted about this last year. I'm in Florida and it gets hot here too, I like my AC on while I'm driving and while I'm idling.
I had mentioned about an all electric AC system like EVs have...oh well maybe when an EV Palisade comes out...
Well regarding the Parking comment, all you have to do is release your seat belt and that prevents the ISG from kicking in. I do this every time I pull into the garage and the engine never shuts off with seatbelt. And if you do it like below 5 mph then you don't get the annoying seat belt alarm either so I think the car is fairly smart enough to realize what you're trying to accomplish, well at certain times anyways :LOL:

Regarding AC, still no complaints. Engine restarts fairly quickly when temps start to increase. But that's just my experience thus far.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's a detailed list of things that prevent the engine from shutting off when the system is engaged on one of the Santa Fe forums. External temperature, brake pressure, seatbelts, all sorts of things.

But unless you are prepared to install the aforementioned wiring module, there is no way to default the system to off when the car starts. Having it on by default is a specific part of the California law that requires all vehicles made after a certain year to have the "feature". And Hundai has already stated they won't custome anything for inter-US regions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a detailed list of things that prevent the engine from shutting off when the system is engaged on one of the Santa Fe forums. External temperature, brake pressure, seatbelts, all sorts of things.

But unless you are prepared to install the aforementioned wiring module, there is no way to default the system to off when the car starts. Having it on by default is a specific part of the California law that requires all vehicles made after a certain year to have the "feature". And Hundai has already stated they won't custome anything for inter-US regions.
Wow! Good info, had no idea. Craziness.

·
Registered
669 Posts
There is a pretty detailed list in the Palisade Owner's manual as well on page 5-50.
Prerequisite for activation
The ISG system operates in the following situations.
  • The driver's seatbelt is fastened.
  • The driver's door and the hood are closed.
  • The brake vacuum pressure is adequate.
  • The battery is sufficiently charged.
  • The outside temperature is between 14 °F and 95 °F (-10 °C and 35 °C).
  • The engine coolant temperature is not too low.
  • The system is not in the diagnostic mode.
  • The incline is gradual.
  • Steering wheel is turned less than 180 degrees
  • Shift lever is in DRIVE or NEUTRAL

I've also read that if the A/C blower is set at the highest speed, it won't activate either, but can't find that in my manual

·
Registered
669 Posts
2021 Manual says:
• The driver's seatbelt is fastened
• The driver's door and hood are closed
• The brake vacuum pressure is adequate
• The battery sensor is activated and the battery is sufficiently charged
• Outside temperature is not too low or too high
• The vehicle is driven over a constant speed and stops
• The climate control system satisfies the conditions
• The vehicle is sufficiently warmed up
• The incline is gradual
• The steering wheel is turned less than 180 degrees and then the vehicle stops

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
642 Posts
There is a pretty detailed list in the Palisade Owner's manual as well on page 5-50.
  • The driver's seatbelt is fastened.
  • The driver's door and the hood are closed.
  • The brake vacuum pressure is adequate.
  • The battery is sufficiently charged.
  • The outside temperature is between 14 °F and 95 °F (-10 °C and 35 °C).
  • The engine coolant temperature is not too low.
  • The system is not in the diagnostic mode.
  • The incline is gradual.
  • Steering wheel is turned less than 180 degrees
  • Shift lever is in DRIVE or NEUTRAL

I've also read that if the A/C blower is set at the highest speed, it won't activate either, but can't find that in my manual
The fan speed is under the auto restart section a couple pages after. I haven't personally tried it but one would think it you have the system on a high fan speed then it wouldn't shut off to begin with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you brake gently. ISG doesn't kick in. If you do hard stops, it will. I've been driving for over 69 years and find ISG a non issue.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Correction! There is a way. Jamb the button down with something like a piece of a credit card. Press the button down and insert the piece of card on the left side of the button.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
The idea of that module is nice... BUT not the execution. Splicing wires on a brand new vehicle is NEVER a good idea. Even if the module was more expensive with a proper plug-and-play connector, I'd have bought it. But splicing? No thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you brake gently. ISG doesn't kick in.
Same thing with 'auto hold', but I'd call it ULTRA GENTLY. You have to consciously just feather the brake to BARELY hold the car still, and on a flat road. Even the slightest incline, it requires enough brake pressure that it does engage both. That is NOT a solution for having it off. Ha ha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correction! There is a way. Jamb the button down with something like a piece of a credit card. Press the button down and insert the piece of card on the left side of the button.
I like that idea if it works! I'll try it to see if it does. My problem with the auto stop feature is every time I pull into my garage and brake before pressing the park button, the car shuts off, then lunges forward with the engine restart as I press park! Very annoying!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I like that idea if it works! I'll try it to see if it does. My problem with the auto stop feature is every time I pull into my garage and brake before pressing the park button, the car shuts off, then lunges forward with the engine restart as I press park! Very annoying!!!
Mine doesn’t lunge forward. Keep your foot on the brake. If you do and it still happens, have it checked by your dealer. That should not happen in Park.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The problem I have with that stupid thing is it shuts off almost immediately, so literally a small fraction of a second before I get back on the gas on a stop sign. The car is not expecting having to restart immediately upon stopping, so the starter makes a disturbing noise sometimes. After 1K miles, I'm remembering to shut the damn thing off almost every time, so it shouldn't be an issue from now on. It's just not a smart enough system yet, especially for folks like me, who rarely drive in traffic.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts