Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

You don't give up anything by doing either the Quick update or the General update. The quick update only updates what changed, not every file, and you can't use the system during the update. The General one updates everything, regardless of whether it changed, and I believe you can use the system during that time, but it takes several hours.
HELP!

I have tried this multiple times ( for a PC) and while the Navigator Update Setup copies to a USB or my PC, the InstallShield Wizard does not run. I really don't know where to go from here. Any clues would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ooops! I read in this thread that you could avoid keeping the car running for 4 hours if you hook it up to a charger. I did so and (for some unknown reason) chose the full 4-hour install of version 14.5. Unfortunately, the car shuts itself off automatically after about 1 hour. When I discovered that it quit, I woke the car up with the memory stick still connected. The upload process restarted automatically...from the beginning. This time, hoping to delay the automatic shut off, I opened the doors and poked a few buttons before the hour was up, That didn't work and the upload again aborted after about an hour. After two aborts of the full install, I removed the memory stick so I could start over and install the shorter version. It took about 25 minutes to upload and another 5 or so minutes to update. I don't know what features or processes are affected by the update and I'm concerned that aborting the full upload will leave me with contaminated data. Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe that map updates will now be free regardless of Blue Link subscription status. We'll have to see what happens when the first 3 years expire. That's what I was told by mapnsoft a few months ago, and it has become true for my 2012 Sonata, for which I was able to get the update on a USB flash drive for $25 + shipping (no download option for older cars, and it used to be $145).

@Tom, with Blue Link and the map update from May, you get server-based navigation routing, and internet-based weather data, which is more accurate than over HD radio. And of course, you get all the remote features, such as starting your car remotely. I would make use of it while you can during the first 3 years. Then you'll have to decide if you want to pay later.
The update says it required a FAT 32, Speed 10 SD card. Do you know where you plug the card into the Palisade. My old Cadillac had a slot? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The update says it required a FAT 32, Speed 10 SD card. Do you know where you plug the card into the Palisade. My old Cadillac had a slot? Thank you for your help.
No, it needs a 32GB USB flash drive which plugs into the same port where you plug your phone in. No SD card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ooops! I read in this thread that you could avoid keeping the car running for 4 hours if you hook it up to a charger. I did so and (for some unknown reason) chose the full 4-hour install of version 14.5. Unfortunately, the car shuts itself off automatically after about 1 hour. When I discovered that it quit, I woke the car up with the memory stick still connected. The upload process restarted automatically...from the beginning. This time, hoping to delay the automatic shut off, I opened the doors and poked a few buttons before the hour was up, That didn't work and the upload again aborted after about an hour. After two aborts of the full install, I removed the memory stick so I could start over and install the shorter version. It took about 25 minutes to upload and another 5 or so minutes to update. I don't know what features or processes are affected by the update and I'm concerned that aborting the full upload will leave me with contaminated data. Does anyone have any advice?
Update 10/3/2020 - I saw a post in the Palisade forum by Eric2203 that said "If you push the start button a second time without your foot on the brake pedal, it will go from Accessories to On, which doesn't start the engine, but turns on more accessories (such as windows). And in Accessories mode, it shuts off after 1 hour". I haven't tried it yet but it may resolve my "4-hour install" problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Eric2203 can you come out to my house and just do mine? 🤣

My husband is crazy busy with work and I'm feeling completely inept. I'm going to figure it out, I swear.

I appreciate how much effort you put into the boards and helping us all out. Thanks.
if you are still having trouble càn do it for you,Iam in nc,,hoke county,no need to run engine for time it takes.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts