Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Hi Eric,
Thanks for your help. I see that the page I was looking at was just informational and have downloaded the update to a camera card although not an SD, but a Compact Flash. I am sure that will be fine also.

However, I do not see anywhere that it tells me where to plug this usb device into the car. Can you tell me where that is?

Thanks again!
Umm, you need to use a USB flash drive that is at least 32GB in size, not a Compact Flash card. The USB port is in the center console, where you would connect your phone.

Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
@Eric2203 can you come out to my house and just do mine? 馃ぃ

My husband is crazy busy with work and I'm feeling completely inept. I'm going to figure it out, I swear.

I appreciate how much effort you put into the boards and helping us all out. Thanks.

Registered
Umm, you need to use a USB flash drive that is at least 32GB in size, not a Compact Flash card. The USB port is in the center console, where you would connect your phone.
Thanks Eric. It does say you can use an SD card and a Compact Flash Card is just another type of card that goes into a card reader with a usb cord attached that will plug into the car. Thanks for letting me know where to plug it in.

If you have time, one more crazy question, I have not found a place where they tell you what the updates are. Would you know that?

Registered
Thanks Eric. It does say you can use an SD card and a Compact Flash Card is just another type of card that goes into a card reader with a usb cord attached that will plug into the car. Thanks for letting me know where to plug it in.

If you have time, one more crazy question, I have not found a place where they tell you what the updates are. Would you know that?
Yeah, I answered that earlier in this thread (on page 1): that update website doesn't give any version number or release notes. In the past, Hyundai used mapnsoft to provide map updates in the US. They do have release notes and a map version number. Here are the August release notes, which show the map number you should be checking for. Note that this document also shows what changed in previous updates, not just this last one. Link: https://storage.googleapis.com/mapcare_download/Software/v14.5/pdf/Hyundai_V14.5_New_Map_Features_U5W.pdf

Registered
After reading here that the upgrade could take hours, I knew I wasn't going to leave the engine running for that long. So I just attached my battery charger to the battery and away we went. Good thing as it took around 4 hours. Did the full upgrade.
OK, you can say it's wimpy or whatever, but the new Nature Sounds is incredible. No other car has ever had this and I love it. Turn on the Forest sound and it keeps me calm amid all the traffic. It's a whole different driving experience. I discovered that when you are in 2 screen mode the right screen will scroll up/down to about 5 different screens. It has a compass with Altitude. Will love this in the mountains. It's a new weather source. Looks OK.
OK, I'll bite! How do you access these Nature Sounds please?

Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
If you have the nature sounds, is your map up to date? I noticed in the car yesterday that we have them. (And @Clemson I have no idea how I stumbled on them, someone else will need to tell you that.)

Registered
It is one of the media inputs if I remember correctly? It might be accessible from the menu. I don鈥檛 recall.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
If you have done the update, the sounds are under the Media button on the center console.

Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
You have all the data from the d/l on your flash drive. At the beginning of the update it asks,Do you want full update (hours) or just map updates (45 minutes). Not sure what you give up with just map updates but have a feeling you need full update to get things like , speed camera and Nature Sounds (very cool).
Pretty sure that quick update is not maps only. I believe it only updates the files that have changed since last time. Full update overwrites everything even if it's already the latest.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
It does take a long time for full update, but don鈥檛 you want a clean complete copy?

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Again, if doing a full update you are not going to let your engine run for 5 hours. Borrow a battery charger from someone and use it to power the operation.

Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
It does take a long time for full update, but don鈥檛 you want a clean complete copy?
Not really. That's like when there are Windows updates for your computer - instead of just applying the update on top of what you have you go and reinstall the whole OS instead 馃檪

Registered
Those of us who own a 2021 should know that the August 25, 2020 update is NOT for us. I asked tech support if I could use the new map data, as the version number is later than that which is installed on my car. This is the response that I received from tech support:

Hello,

Currently we do not have an update available for the 2021 Palisade, please do not use the 2020 model.

We are hoping to have your vehicles update set up as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Austin

Registered
Update? What update. I got no notification of an update. Does it happen automatically with the car outdoors or when you drive? What does it do? I got a Limited in march

Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
Update? What update. I got no notification of an update. Does it happen automatically with the car outdoors or when you drive? What does it do? I got a Limited in march
It's for head unit / maps / navigation update

21 - 40 of 50 Posts