Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading here that the upgrade could take hours, I knew I wasn't going to leave the engine running for that long. So I just attached my battery charger to the battery and away we went. Good thing as it took around 4 hours. Did the full upgrade.
OK, you can say it's wimpy or whatever, but the new Nature Sounds is incredible. No other car has ever had this and I love it. Turn on the Forest sound and it keeps me calm amid all the traffic. It's a whole different driving experience. I discovered that when you are in 2 screen mode the right screen will scroll up/down to about 5 different screens. It has a compass with Altitude. Will love this in the mountains. It's a new weather source. Looks OK.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I often use the compass mode mostly for the altitude. I would like it better if the font was bigger so I wouldn't have to lean over to read it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I found the altitude to be inaccurate. Was driving in Smoky Mountains with the altitude clearly in the thousands of feet. It reported the altitude to be 600 feet. In IL, the reported altitude also fluctuates between 500 and 600 feet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
After reading here that the upgrade could take hours, I knew I wasn't going to leave the engine running for that long. So I just attached my battery charger to the battery and away we went. Good thing as it took around 4 hours. Did the full upgrade.
OK, you can say it's wimpy or whatever, but the new Nature Sounds is incredible. No other car has ever had this and I love it. Turn on the Forest sound and it keeps me calm amid all the traffic. It's a whole different driving experience. I discovered that when you are in 2 screen mode the right screen will scroll up/down to about 5 different screens. It has a compass with Altitude. Will love this in the mountains. It's a new weather source. Looks OK.
I'm surprised to read that the update took 4 hours. My update took about 45 minutes. I also connected my battery tender so the engine was not running.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll be interested to see what it reports on my next mountain crossing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have all the data from the d/l on your flash drive. At the beginning of the update it asks,Do you want full update (hours) or just map updates (45 minutes). Not sure what you give up with just map updates but have a feeling you need full update to get things like , speed camera and Nature Sounds (very cool).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where do I find out about this update? Do I have to contact a dealer or do I go online to Hyundai? Does it cost something or is it free? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Where do I find out about this update? Do I have to contact a dealer or do I go online to Hyundai? Does it cost something or is it free? Thank you.
Go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

I'm not sure. Whatever was downloaded to the flash drive. How can I tell? The flash drive contains 25.5GB of data if that helps.
You have all the data from the d/l on your flash drive. At the beginning of the update it asks,Do you want full update (hours) or just map updates (45 minutes). Not sure what you give up with just map updates but have a feeling you need full update to get things like , speed camera and Nature Sounds (very cool).
You don't give up anything by doing either the Quick update or the General update. The quick update only updates what changed, not every file, and you can't use the system during the update. The General one updates everything, regardless of whether it changed, and I believe you can use the system during that time, but it takes several hours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

You don't give up anything by doing either the Quick update or the General update. The quick update only updates what changed, not every file, and you can't use the system during the update. The General one updates everything, regardless of whether it changed, and I believe you can use the system during that time, but it takes several hours.
Thanks Eric2203!

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
66 Posts
@Eric2203 or anyone else that knows, how can you tell if you need the update? I just bought an SEL a week ago and it had been unloaded only the day before. The sales guy swears it's all up to date (and it very well may be) but how can I check?

And in the future, does Hyundai notify us when there's an update or do we have to keep track of it?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
@Eric2203 or anyone else that knows, how can you tell if you need the update? I just bought an SEL a week ago and it had been unloaded only the day before. The sales guy swears it's all up to date (and it very well may be) but how can I check?

And in the future, does Hyundai notify us when there's an update or do we have to keep track of it?

Thank you for any help.
When you go to that site, there's a "Notice" section that shows an update notice came out on 8/25. That tells you about the update.

As to whether you need, chances are you do. That website doesn't give any version number or release notes. In the past, Hyundai used mapnsoft to provide map updates in the US. They do have release notes and a map version number. Here are the August release notes, which show the map number you should be checking for. Note that this document also shows what changed in previous updates, not just this last one. Link: https://storage.googleapis.com/mapc....5/pdf/Hyundai_V14.5_New_Map_Features_U5W.pdf

Considering how recent this one is, just go ahead and update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, I went to the website and downloaded the update and the first page asks for the model number or the software version then you are supposed to select a DN from the drop down and click OK. But I cannot interact with this first page, I cannot type in what they want. It seems like a dead page. No place to ask for help.

Photo attached.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have a myhundai account? If not go back and open an account. Won't work without it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an account, but I have not signed up with Blue Link as I don't need or want to pay for it after the first 3 years. Could that be my problem?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, it's free now and great. There are a lot of little things that are great to have, such as free map upgrades.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
OK, I went to the website and downloaded the update and the first page asks for the model number or the software version then you are supposed to select a DN from the drop down and click OK. But I cannot interact with this first page, I cannot type in what they want. It seems like a dead page. No place to ask for help.

Photo attached. View attachment 2154 View attachment 2155

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
You don't type anything on that page, it just shows you what you'll do on the next screen. Just click OK and keep going. It's easier to search by model anyway (like 2020 Palisade).

And you definitely needs the update. You'll get the new features from May as well.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have an account, but I have not signed up with Blue Link as I don't need or want to pay for it after the first 3 years. Could that be my problem?
Yes, it's free now and great. There are a lot of little things that are great to have, such as free map upgrades.
I believe that map updates will now be free regardless of Blue Link subscription status. We'll have to see what happens when the first 3 years expire. That's what I was told by mapnsoft a few months ago, and it has become true for my 2012 Sonata, for which I was able to get the update on a USB flash drive for $25 + shipping (no download option for older cars, and it used to be $145).

@Tom, with Blue Link and the map update from May, you get server-based navigation routing, and internet-based weather data, which is more accurate than over HD radio. And of course, you get all the remote features, such as starting your car remotely. I would make use of it while you can during the first 3 years. Then you'll have to decide if you want to pay later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Eric,
Thanks for your help. I see that the page I was looking at was just informational and have downloaded the update to a camera card although not an SD, but a Compact Flash. I am sure that will be fine also.

However, I do not see anywhere that it tells me where to plug this usb device into the car. Can you tell me where that is?

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts