Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a $1,000 refundable deposit on 2023 calligraphy with SoCal dealer. MSRP +TTL with no market adjustment or dealer add-ons.
CC will be charged when VIN# assigned.
They expect delivery between Aug and Sep.
Very excited.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats
I did mine last month but hoping it comes around June
I put a deposit too on a 2023 Calligraphy but the salesman doesn't think the car will actually arrives before late august/begin of September at the earliest.

If they start productions at the end of May (someone here said its possible), i guess they gonna first start production for their biggest market : US. Then start production for the Canadian market shortly after, less say begin of June.

We have to add 6 to 8 weeks (6-7 week in the west and 7-8 week in the east like where I am) from the productions time to the actual customer delivery (boat time, port time, inland transport time and preparation time). I calculated 8 weeks for me. So start of june + 8 weeks is more or less start of august.

That is of you are number 150 or less in the reservation list. I'm myself am number 616 and I did my reservation in the first week of April. My hypothesis is they make more or less 150 cars per week for the Canadian market (i really dont know the actual number but if you take the amount of sales in quarter 2 and 3 and you divide by 26 weeks, it account for roughly 150 cars a week). So number 616/150=4 weeks. So from the start of august + 4 weeks is start of September.

Another delay possible is the order of production by trims. For efficiency, they tend to produce a batch of the same trims/color. My guess is they are going to start with the Calligraphy since it is probably their car with the biggest margin. So if you have reserve a base model, even if your number is 615, it could be produced later and hence deliver later.

Moreover, there is all the impossible thing to predict that could cause more delays : climate (forest fire, floods, typhoon, etc) that would delay boats or trains, covid outbreak at the factory, chips/parts shortage because of war, strike at the CP or CN, etc.

So, i really believe that June is impossible and September more plausible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a deposit too on a 2023 Calligraphy but the salesman doesn't think the car will actually arrives before late august/begin of September at the earliest.

If they start productions at the end of May (someone here said its possible), i guess they gonna first start production for their biggest market : US. Then start production for the Canadian market shortly after, less say begin of June.

We have to add 6 to 8 weeks (6-7 week in the west and 7-8 week in the east like where I am) from the productions time to the actual customer delivery (boat time, port time, inland transport time and preparation time). I calculated 8 weeks for me. So start of june + 8 weeks is more or less start of august.

That is of you are number 150 or less in the reservation list. I'm myself am number 616 and I did my reservation in the first week of April. My hypothesis is they make more or less 150 cars per week for the Canadian market (i really dont know the actual number but if you take the amount of sales in quarter 2 and 3 and you divide by 26 weeks, it account for roughly 150 cars a week). So number 616/150=4 weeks. So from the start of august + 4 weeks is start of September.

Another delay possible is the order of production by trims. For efficiency, they tend to produce a batch of the same trims/color. My guess is they are going to start with the Calligraphy since it is probably their car with the biggest margin. So if you have reserve a base model, even if your number is 615, it could be produced later and hence deliver later.

Moreover, there is all the impossible thing to predict that could cause more delays : climate (forest fire, floods, typhoon, etc) that would delay boats or trains, covid outbreak at the factory, chips/parts shortage because of war, strike at the CP or CN, etc.

So, i really believe that June is impossible and September more plausible.
Going with last years stats in Canada (from Goodcarbadcar.net): July (634), Aug (541 ), Sept (496), Oct (595), since you are number 616 on the wait list and actual production starts in June (1 month after the US projected May start dates), we should expect to see the first 2023 Palisades roll into Canadian showrooms around late August 2022. If the demand this year mirrors those of last year (perhaps a bit better), any pre-order now should expect an ETA around late September/early October 2022, so your numbers are around the ballpark (4 - 5 months wait).

For me, I am waiting to see a brochure showing the final spec sheet before I jump in and pre-order. Crossing my fingers for the power folding side mrrors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Going with last years stats in Canada (from Goodcarbadcar.net): July (634), Aug (541 ), Sept (496), Oct (595), since you are number 616 on the wait list and actual production starts in June (1 month after the US projected May start dates), we should expect to see the first 2023 Palisades roll into Canadian showrooms around late August 2022. If the demand this year mirrors those of last year (perhaps a bit better), any pre-order now should expect an ETA around late September/early October 2022, so your numbers are around the ballpark (4 - 5 months wait).

For me, I am waiting to see a brochure showing the final spec sheet before I jump in and pre-order. Crossing my fingers for the power folding side mrrors.
I'm hoping begin of September and that the price doesn't raise too much. When do you think the brochure will be out ? I don't expect before June.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put a $1,000 refundable deposit on 2023 calligraphy with SoCal dealer. MSRP +TTL with no market adjustment or dealer add-ons.
CC will be charged when VIN# assigned.
They expect delivery between Aug and Sep.
Very excited.
Would you mind sharing what dealer? I've contacted a few in that area and none were taking deposits yet for the '23.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Told me the same like a month ago on the 22 but Ralph who moved there from another dealership texted me and let me know he can get me in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Told me the same like a month ago on the 22 but Ralph who moved there from another dealership texted me and let me know he can get me in
I'm also interested in putting in an order or getting on the waitlist for the 2023 Palisade in the SoCal area.

Following this thread, I don't see anyone named Ralph on the Hyundai Palm Springs website. Could you pass along this saleman's contact info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also interested in putting in an order or getting on the waitlist for the 2023 Palisade in the SoCal area.

Following this thread, I don't see anyone named Ralph on the Hyundai Palm Springs website. Could you pass along this saleman's contact info?

He's new at the dealership. I believe he is the internet sales manager. When I called the mainline and asked for sales he's who I got.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It look's like the Ulsan plant in Korea (where the Palisade is built) is shut down in part du to a trucker strike... more delays...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, could you post or PM me his email or number? If he's the "internet sales manager," I don't think he'd mind having his email posted on a Palisade forum :)
Call him direct at 888-744-9338 and ask for him. He is very nice gentleman and responsive to emails. Never seen other Hyundai sales person that spends so much time providing details and addressing questions like him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts