Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has removed PALISADE lettering from the lift gate. I am assuming they are just stuck on with tape. My main motivation in removing them would be to make it easier for polishing, particularly machine polishing.

Any experiences to share?

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
I didn't do any debadging but have had a lot of inquires as to what car this is.
Didn't take the H off the front, but put one of those stick-on badges over it.
Just the front.
Confuses everyone and they don't believe it is a Hyundai, till I tell them to look
at the back.
Loads of fun

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
I only bought the front and the steering wheel badges.
I still want people to be able to identify it as a Hyundai palisade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wanted to share the Brenthon pics and my mods. Why mess with the branding? I personally do not like too much advertising on my car have done some de-badging on my other cars. Ideally, I wanted to de-badge vs. rebadge but I heard removing the rear H had holes that would need to be addressed. Also Hyundai IMO does not have brand recognition in high performance vehicles or rugged SUVs. The big flying H was a bit too much for me and my wife. Do not get me wrong we love this car. It is beautiful on the outside and inside. I chose the Brenthon over the Caliburn badges because the Brenthon is flush to the grill and felt the Caliburn’s approach to putting the badge on over the flying H I felt made the emblem protrude from the grill. Would have left the H on the rims and steering wheel alone as they are small, but the kit came with them. As for the installation, it was relatively easy used fishing line, plastic wedge, hair dryer and goo gone. Only surprises were I thought there were two holes in the rear H but there are actually three. When taking off the front H I did break two clips. Oh well do not plan to re-install. Also got an armrest which I recommend as it looks OEM and very comfortable on the longer trips and xpel clear bra. Only additional mods considering are leatherette floor mats for the spring and summer. Have these in one of my cars and possible tinting the front window to match the 2nd row windows.

It has been 4 weeks since doing the install and have been asked over a dozen times, excuse me what car is that? followed by a compliment. Two times I got followed into a store wanting to inquire about the car. In the spirit of sharing as I have learned from you, thought I would provide my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
646 Posts
I had my Palisade in the body shop for warranty work for a paint blemish and the two rub marks people are getting on the corners. The said they were going to repaint the entire lift gate. I called the body shop and asked if when they removed the H, could they please fill the holes and paint it over. For $59 out of my pocket, they did. I think the PALISADE letters and Htrac emblem don't look that bad on a Lagoon Silver car. I just didn't care for the huge H

1 - 20 of 34 Posts