Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my 2023 Palisade finally arrived, but noticed the gas door is sticking out and misaligned. The dealership refuses to do anything about it, and even told me they would be okay with me dropping the care entirely. I'm like, WTF? What can I do in this situation, they are refusing to fix it. It's a BRAND NEW CAR I haven't even taken delivery of yet. Advice??
Sky Automotive side-view mirror Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive side-view mirror Sky Window Vehicle Vision care

· Registered
55 Posts
Take the Sade to another dealership that cares and wants to get the work done for you and to come back to them.
Word of mouth and social media goes a long way.
Tell people of your bad experience with such.
This dealer wants you to leave the car, they will fix the issue and resell for a higher price, don't let them do that.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take the Sade to another dealership that cares and wants to get the work done for you and to come back to them.
Word of mouth and social media goes a long way.
Tell people of your bad experience with such.
This dealer wants you to leave the car, they will fix the issue and resell for a higher price, don't let them do that.
So should I accept delivery as-is and take it somewhere else to have it fixed?

· Registered
55 Posts
So should I accept delivery as-is and take it somewhere else to have it fixed?
If it is a misalignment, I certainly would, a few years ago it happened to me, the purchasing dealership did not want to fulfill warranty work for a headlight with condensation and I went for warranty repairs to the "other" dealership that I had not bought from.
They could not understand why they would not honour a commitment. A complaint was issued later on, they received the letter from corporate and they called me with many apologizes. Not to mention
asking me to remove the google review.
Well too late, I now purchase from cars from the "other" dealership.
Perhaps just mentioning the bad google review you may leave will cause them to rethink the situation. Its fair.

· Registered
43 Posts
Isn't that part of the PDI (pre-delivery Inspection) they charge you for? Refuse to pay the PDI since they are refusing to fix a defect before it has even left the lot. That is absolutely ridiculous. Definitely take photos of this and post it on the Hyundai USA Facebook page and add a comment that the Dealer (name the dealer too) refuses to fix an obvious defect before delivery of the car. You will be surprised how fast someone from Hyundai USA reaches out to you. Also, if there is another dealer close by take your future service there - I would not spend another penny at that dealership. When you get your surveys post delivery make sure to call this out and give that dealer the lowest possible score on their survey.

· Registered
91 Posts
Post a picture. Not sure how hard is to fix it. It could be more complicated than we imagine.
I personally won't take a delivery until i am sure it's easily fixed.
You can also ask them for a discount or hold few hundreds and pay it back after they fix it within a month after purchasing the car.

· Registered
9 Posts
Not taking delivery may be unrealistic given the current wait and inconvenience. If this is something you think can be fixed, have the manager write down when taking delivery, then schedule an appointment with their service department to fix it. It should be part of the standard procedure to inspect the car prior to delivery, and note anything you find is wrong with it.

Same thing happened to me when I find the rear bumper is warping a little. No paint damage. Manager wrote it down in the paperwork, and refer me to the service department.

Not taking delivery is just doing the dealership a favor. Make them fix it for you. Keep us updated.

· Registered
53 Posts
So my 2023 Palisade finally arrived, but noticed the gas door is sticking out and misaligned. The dealership refuses to do anything about it, and even told me they would be okay with me dropping the care entirely. I'm like, WTF? What can I do in this situation, they are refusing to fix it. It's a BRAND NEW CAR I haven't even taken delivery of yet. Advice??
Tell them “you fix it or I walk.” Other than that there isn’t anything to do. Trust me, they will fix it. Just don’t sign ANYTHING yet. One concern even if they do fix it - they sound like pricks and your future service with them maybe poor.

· Registered
53 Posts
take delivery and get it fixed somewhere else. Don't give them the opportunity to make more money on it. Bash the hell out of them on social media...
I wouldn’t take delivery. You sign and it isn’t documented on the “we owe” form and you are screwed. I’ve been there and had it happen. You sign anything and you are screwed. Only thing I would maybe do is call the dealer sales manager. He can lean HARD

· Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn’t take delivery. You sign and it isn’t documented on the “we owe” form and you are screwed. I’ve been there and had it happen. You sign anything and you are screwed. Only thing I would maybe do is call the dealer sales manager. He can lean HARD
Forget about the dealership, call Hyundai's corporate office and file a complaint. I have found the dealership to be very aloof and whenever you show them a problem they tell you they can't duplicate it. I have even videotaped the problems and bring it in on a flash drive and they tell me there's nothing they can do. They were supposed to do a total reset of my electronics because everything was going haywire. Got the car back and was told the car was completely Rebooted. Drove off the lot and the same thing kept happening. I chose the Hyundai Palisades over the Explorer and at this point I'm very sorry I did

· Registered
18 Posts
Go over their heads directly to Hyundai Customer Service. Hyundai customer service will not be happy to hear about something like this and you will get action.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts