Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Limited in October of 2019. Dead battery on December 30, 2019 - was informed it was a faulty battery which was replaced. On May 22, 2020 the battery is dead again and the dealer does not have the solution. Has any other Palisade owner experienced a dead battery issue and what was the final resolution? (no lights left on, nothing plugged in) The tow truck driver stated there was an error stating the battery was discharging. The dealer has the vehicle and could not find the issue and the vehicle was running fine only to find the battery was dead again the next day on the dealer property.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
I hope this link helps a little. They should do a parasitic draw check and go from there see link below.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
A number of people have had their batteries go dead lately, because of non use.
How often do you use your Palisade? Does it set for a week with out use?
Have they checked the alternator and voltage regulator?
We have plenty of batteries go bad with the heat here in Arizona, But not that soon
usually 2 to 3 years.
Hope they find your problem soon. Over 50,000 Palisades made in the first year
25,000 of them came here to the USA there are going to be a few bad ones show up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight Gene as we are located in the Midwest Area where the weather as been unseasonable cool. The Palisade is used daily and was used the day before. The alternator checked out fine but the dealer did not update on the voltage regulator - I will follow up thank you! We fully understand that a first year car may have some challenges and are just trying to determine the root cause. This is my first Hyundai and am hoping this is not a trend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our battery died this morning on our limited, also purchased in October. They are coming out today to take a look.
We drive it everyday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had AAA out and the battery won’t hold a charge. So taking it into the shop tomorrow.
It is interesting it reset the language to Korean on the dashboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts