Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a dashcam mounted in their Palisade and if yes do you have it on your windshield or dash?

My camera uses a mount that has double sided tape. I've had it on the windshield on my previous car.

I don't see dash mounting as possibility with the grill piece being right in the center. Also mounting on soft touch surfaces is a no.

Anyone see any potential issues attaching it to the windshield. Normally I wouldn't even think twice and just do it but with complaints about weak windshield plus whatever other tech that maybe in it I thought I would ask other Palisade owners

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I am interested in all other dashcam installs by other Palisade owners. What kind, where, power connection...
Mine is Raven Connected and the power cord connects to the OBDII port and tucked into the side pillar / dash so its not visible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Viofo A119. Had V1 for years but just recently replaced it with the newer V3.
Thanks for referral. I noticed a A129 Pro 4K model on Amazon at a higher price. Seems kind of new so any thoughts on this one? In the limited reviews one person said it was better than their A119, but who knows if real. If true, I’d spring for more clarity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now I am interested in all other dashcam installs by other Palisade owners. What kind, where, power connection...
Mine is Raven Connected and the power cord connects to the OBDII port and tucked into the side pillar / dash so its not visible.
Viofo A129 with front and rear mounted on the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. It's completely out of the way and I can't even really see it when I'm driving unless I try to (which is the way I want it). When it doesn't have a bright light shining on it like in this pic it's not really that noticeable.

I have the parking mode kit powered using fuse taps for battery and accessory power. I currently have the cut-off set to 12v but might raise that to 12.2 in the winter. Power is routed up the driver's side A-pillar (behind the air bag) and over to the camera.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a Dash Cam front and rear camera professionally installed in the wife's SUV, My mechanic pulled the panels and installed like it was factory installed, Its installed on the windshield and I bought the Dash Cam Hardware Kit so the Dash Cam is installed to the Fuse Box and the Dash Cam never turns off... It has a Battery Drain Protection so the Dash Cam will keep looping 24/7 for about 2 weeks before it shuts off to conserve the battery for starting the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Viofo A129 with front and rear mounted on the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. It's completely out of the way and I can't even really see it when I'm driving unless I try to (which is the way I want it). When it doesn't have a bright light shining on it like in this pic it's not really that noticeable.

I have the parking mode kit powered using fuse taps for battery and accessory power. I currently have the cut-off set to 12v but might raise that to 12.2 in the winter. Power is routed up the driver's side A-pillar (behind the air bag) and over to the camera.
View attachment 1371

View attachment 1372
Can you show where and how you mounted the rear cam? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts

View attachment 1371

View attachment 1372
I just got the same camera and installed it slightly to the right of where the black dots are up towards the top similar to how @justus1900 has his camera mounted. I am curious on what your video looks like since this placement for the front camera seems a little better than putting it on the windshield. However, do you notice the camera shaking a lot while driving? Since that black cover can flex, that would be my worry vs placing it on glass directly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts