Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the Blackvue 2 channel dashcam on Amazon and installed it by myself. Hardwire to the fuse box and set to 12hrs parking mode recording or 12V cut off whatever happens first.

There are 2 cameras, the main unit in the front and connect to the rear cam by wire. Very simple and easy to install. Took me about 1 hour from start to finish and everything look nice and clean.
Just curious which fuses did you plug into? I just setup my dash cam (very easy like you said) and I used the ACC but when the car turns off at red lights the camera stops. Trying to decide if I want to use another fuse or turn off the auto engine off option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just curious which fuses did you plug into? I just setup my dash cam (very easy like you said) and I used the ACC but when the car turns off at red lights the camera stops. Trying to decide if I want to use another fuse or turn off the auto engine off option.
Acc doesn't shut off when the engine shuts off at red lights. Otherwise your radio and everything else tied to accessory would too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been watching a lot of dash cam videos on You Tube. I bought one and stuck it on my windshield. Some time back I got into a fender bender and it absolutely wasn't my fault but couldn't prove it. So anyone have success finding a real good cam for front and rear. The rear view cam is just viewing from the front, thru to the back of the vehicle or would you put one up on the rear window.
Anybody have one installed and hard wired to the fuse box so that is is on all the time. I am not going to install it myself but I would pay to have one installed.
I purchased the Vantrue N4 Camera. Very good quality. I hate suction cup mounts and you have to use the suction cup mount to power the rear camera and use the GPS (which I could care less about). I tried using the dongle with a Y split USB to two C male but it didn't work. I was determined to get my radar detector and dash cam to be rear view mounted but I really had to work at it because the Palisade 2022 has a short rear view mirror neck. I decided to go to Amazon and purchase the camera and their rear view mirror mount and try rigging a mount thar would hold both the radar detecto and the dash cam still using the suction cup bot also still hanging from the rear view mirror so I didn't have to worry about the suction cup fallin in this hot Louisiana weather. It has taken me a month to figure out how to do it and I wired from the rear view mirror wiring. I used a Dongle for my dash cam and a mirror tap for the radar detector from Amazon. Then I rigged a mount from RAM mount pieces and got it to work. Not bad for a woman. It works great, the cameras are great and they don't shake or move at all

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts