Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my install of the Curt hitch, I was not able to get a bolt into the frame (driver's side) due to this blue plastic anchor in the floor. We flipped the bolt and all worked fine. Pushing bolt through was a little hard on the passenger side due to the heat shielding too. Got those to work with a little pushing.

I should also note that bolt run through to the outside will make putting the gravel guard (where the electrical hitch connector is located) back up onto the studs a little more difficult as the threads are kind of in the way of the lip of that gravel guard plastic.

I got a hitch with 3.5" rise, this one was just an extra that I used with one of my trailers until I got that taller hitch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good to know thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
I flipped the bolts on mine to, should be no issue.

Will note though, there is a screw that goes into the blue piece, it comes in from the to and is accessible through the cargo area. If you take that screw out, the blue piece will move a little, and you can get the bolt past it. either way works......

·
Registered
12 Posts
During my install of the Curt hitch, I was not able to get a bolt into the frame (driver's side) due to this blue plastic anchor in the floor. We flipped the bolt and all worked fine. Pushing bolt through was a little hard on the passenger side due to the heat shielding too. Got those to work with a little pushing.

I should also note that bolt run through to the outside will make putting the gravel guard (where the electrical hitch connector is located) back up onto the studs a little more difficult as the threads are kind of in the way of the lip of that gravel guard plastic.
View attachment 2019

I got a hitch with 3.5" rise, this one was just an extra that I used with one of my trailers until I got that taller hitch.
View attachment 2020
I had read that the gravel guard would hit the bolts when it was reinstalled, so I shortened the bolts on that side by 3/8 inch and did not encounter the shield bolt interference issue. I don't think it matters much which way the bolt go thru the holes, I was able to tap the bolt past the plastic screw holder with a small hammer. Putting it in the way you did does seem simpler to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts