Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband scratched the side of the console area and it’s driving me insane!!! Can this be fixed without taking it to a paint shop?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might try something like Mothers Back to Black or other plastic restorer. Is that a scratch per say, or is there a white residue on the surface? If a residue, you may be able to clean it first. The black sharpie is actually a great fallback idea....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried wiping it off with no luck. I’ll look into a plastic restorer because it’s driving me crazy! I’m killing my husband lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are plastic polishes that can work miracles. Plexus is a spray one for very light duty, and Novus as well as others make liquid/paste. They are very lightly abrasive and will clean plastic much as a wax/compound clears a finish. Before I would try this approach, I would use it on a hidden area of the console in case, but could be a fallback option. I've used it to remove surface swirls and scratches on many types of plastics, but you are taking off surface. I would try it on my own, but cant directly recommend it unless you try hidden area first.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Paint shop probably won't do anything other than replace the part. I'd look for a good detailer and see if they can repair it.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
Did you check with a hyundai parts department on the cost of a new panel?
looks like the top layer came off. They do make vinyl repair that will even add the texture to match, if you are handy

·
Super Moderator
361 Posts
I think the best option would be just to buy a new panel as any type repair would never look like the original panel and every time you get in the car your eyes will go right to that spot at least mine would.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts