Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for letting me join. I am considering a Palisade Limited AWD. just starting to look at the vehicle. Are there specific things I should know about the vehicle such as problems or desirable options? Are there any specific issues when dealing with the dealer. My local dealer seems a bit rough around the edges. BTW, I will be moving out of a 2017 Subaru Outback limited 2.5i. Great car, just need a larger vehicle.

·
Registered
645 Posts
No options on a limited other than awd.

Most common issue is wind noise from the driver's window. Hyundai is working on a fix, but haven't solved it for all cases yet. Some people have problems. Some don't. Be sure to test drive at highway speeds with the music off.

Some of the earlier awd units had a vibration issue due to the driveshaft. There's a tsb that fixes it out.

Some dealers are insane on pricing, some are reasonable. Be prepared to go beyond just your local dealer.

BonusDrive has a $500 postsale rebate that you can get after purchasing through allstate.bonusdrive.com. No need to be an allstate member to qualify.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This one minor detail surprised the hell out of me once I brought the car home, and I didn't even think to check or gave it a moment's thought but: this car has no aux input. That's the one that surprised (and disappointed) me the most.

Also, no matter what, don't pay above MSRP. Just know going in that: (1) Palisades are a hit right now, very popular, winning awards and "best ofs" etc. so there is a big initial demand. (2) Hyundai didn't produce (or rather, deliver) that many to begin with. So with the initial rush of popularity, it further exacerbated the supply/demand problem. (3) but now, Hyundai is no different than virtually every other business sector right now in all countries, there is a huge amounts of uncertainty with production output due to supply chain issues stemming from coronavirus outbreaks. With all that said, the palisade is and always will be "just another" mass-produced people-mover. It's not a special edition, limited run, "Ed Hardy edition" only "one of XXX built" type things. The supply/demand WILL stabilize, don't reward unscrupulous dealers taking advantage of the hype and temporary supply/demand conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts